PLEASE ALL READ - Premier League Fixtures (DON'T POST THEM)

ToonTastic

The fixtures for the upcoming Premier League season are out at 9am this Friday the 17th June.

Whatever you do, please DO NOT post fixture lists on the forum. The Premier League take copyright of fixtures ridiculously seriously and many websites have been taken down in the past for reproducing fixtures without the appropriate licence. I can't remember the price of the licence off the top of my head but it's not cheap (hundreds of pounds for one club, thousands for them all) and frankly we need the money for running the server.

As an example of what can happen if fixtures are posted illegally, please read this: http://www.bsad.org/0506/reports/fixtures_letter.html. A previous incarnation of this website/forum has also been closed down in the past by legal threats made to our previous webhost.

For guidance:

You can discuss individual fixtures, such as the first game, the Mackems, Boxing Day etc, but DO NOT list them out.

DO NOT attempt to get around the rules by listing fake club names like on PES. Unbelievably they are looking for this too.

Linking to other websites that have paid for the fixtures (such as NUFC.com) is perfectly fine.

Anyone found to be deliberately or repeatedly breaking the rules on posting fixtures will be banned for 14 days as per this rule: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0

If there are any questions feel free to add them in this thread. What we can and can't post is a pretty grey area, but we're trying to avoid all possibility of the forum being closed down. Better safe than sorry is our policy.

Cheers.

Now just wait for the protestations:

You can't copyright fixtures.

Noone will do anything.

Never heard of anyone getting done for posting the fixtures.

What if we use fake names?

How much are fixtures?

.com have them.

Why don't we just buy the fixtures?

Put it in a spoiler

Oh yorkie what have you done?

Honestly you can't copyright fixtures can ya? Also i've never heard anyone getting done for posting fixtures and why wouldn't we just use fake names or hell lets buy it. Who's in?

Guest hobshobs

Even though you've reminded people, expect another retard to repeat the yearly breaking of the rules.

Just like the retards who continually stand at away games and eventually see our away allocation cut because 'we're all big tough men when we're standing together in a crowd' attitude.

Even though you've reminded people, expect another retard to repeat the yearly breaking of the rules.

was it wullie or yorkie ?

i think dave should dig it up (again) for those who aren't acquainted with it.

Guest johnson293

Some Gooners seem to think we're at home to them opening day.

Aye, a certain someone has posted that on twitter tonight.

Guest WashyGeordie

Citeh (h) first game.

I hope to god the mackems game aren't in the first 2 weeks in Oct, or i'll cry.

Norwich (a) last game.

We never seem to get an easy start do we in prem league. Man U away 2 seasons in a row now possibly Arsenal at home, great.

To be fair though I wouldn't wanted a promoted team either, they usually have a decent first game.