Sky are being c*nts

Stifler

Sky have charged us an extra £100 for no reason. The reason they give is that our multiroom boxes weren't connected to the phone line and it's breach of contract. We tried to contest this and cancel our subscription but they said we can't and that it was also breach of contract last year when I bought a 2nd hand replacement box for my broken one after consulting with Sky in seeing if it was possible then sitting through an hour long phone call with them to set the new box all of which their was never any mention of me breaching contract doing this. Surely if we have breached our contract then it is null and void so therefor we don't have a contract to cancel, or since we have been charged £100 we have now payed the penalty for breaching the contract and are free to leave so if we so wish?

Sky have charged us an extra £100 for no reason. The reason they give is that our multiroom boxes weren't connected to the phone line and it's breach of contract. We tried to contest this and cancel our subscription but they said we can't and that it was also breach of contract last year when I bought a 2nd hand replacement box for my broken one after consulting with Sky in seeing if it was possible then sitting through an hour long phone call with them to set the new box all of which their was never any mention of me breaching contract doing this. Surely if we have breached our contract then it is null and void so therefor we don't have a contract to cancel, or since we have been charged £100 we have now payed the penalty for breaching the contract and are free to leave so if we so wish?

How long have you got left on the contract?

Can you cancel all the extras like Movies and Sports?

Can you cancel multiroom?

Why not tell them you are moving abroad to Spain and that from 2 weeks from the day you phone you will no longer be living at the address and all direct debits will be cancelled whe you close down your bank accounts.

Why not tell them you are moving abroad to Spain and that from 2 weeks from the day you phone you will no longer be living at the address and all direct debits will be cancelled whe you close down your bank accounts.

We have been with Sky for years and your only supposed to be locked in for 1 year. I'm going to tell them the next time that they ring that the direct debits will be cancelled regardless of weather or not they will cancel our subscription. Also I'm going tell them that their mini dish is attached to our property without our consent and that they have 3 days to take it down, also they will be charged £100 per day for how ever long it is up there as the mini dish is a symbol of Sky and therefor it is open advertisement on our property. If they want to fuck with someone then they can go and fuck someone else.

We have been with Sky for years and your only supposed to be locked in for 1 year. I'm going to tell them the next time that they ring that the direct debits will be cancelled regardless of weather or not they will cancel our subscription. Also I'm going tell them that their mini dish is attached to our property without our consent and that they have 3 days to take it down, also they will be charged £100 per day for how ever long it is up there as the mini dish is a symbol of Sky and therefor it is open advertisement on our property. If they want to fuck with someone then they can go and fuck someone else.

If you are out of contract then phone up and cancel.

We have been with Sky for years and your only supposed to be locked in for 1 year. I'm going to tell them the next time that they ring that the direct debits will be cancelled regardless of weather or not they will cancel our subscription. Also I'm going tell them that their mini dish is attached to our property without our consent and that they have 3 days to take it down, also they will be charged £100 per day for how ever long it is up there as the mini dish is a symbol of Sky and therefor it is open advertisement on our property. If they want to f*** with someone then they can go and f*** someone else.

This really. The mini-dish is also technically "yours" because it's attached to your property so you can do whatever you want with it like.

We have been with Sky for years and your only supposed to be locked in for 1 year. I'm going to tell them the next time that they ring that the direct debits will be cancelled regardless of weather or not they will cancel our subscription. Also I'm going tell them that their mini dish is attached to our property without our consent and that they have 3 days to take it down, also they will be charged £100 per day for how ever long it is up there as the mini dish is a symbol of Sky and therefor it is open advertisement on our property. If they want to f*** with someone then they can go and f*** someone else.

This really. The mini-dish is also technically "yours" because it's attached to your property so you can do whatever you want with it like.

It's Sky's if your under contract, if your not then you have technically bought it along with your Sky boxes.

It's Sky's if your under contract, if your not then you have technically bought it along with your Sky boxes.

Indeed, but as soon as you cancel the contract, it's yours. I recently cancelled Sky after being with them for 10 odd years, we couldn't afford it anymore.

But tbh, your situation sounds really complicated :undecided: I say cancel the direct debit.