BONTEMPI

With the likes of

Tiote

Ben Afra

Cabaye

Marveaux

Ba

Plus others that could be on the way

This could well be the most creativity we've had available for as long as I can remember.

In the past we've always relied on 1-2 tricky players that are totally comfortable with the ball, and surrounded them with workman types. This could be a new era in style and flair for the club. Here's hoping  O0

So now you have a bunch of French-speaking attacking players without a clear position in the pitch. Arsenal-tastic.

Nah, looks good. Even if only a couple of those succeed you'll be entertained.

See you at Wembley 2013  :thup:

So now you have a bunch of French-speaking attacking players without a clear position in the pitch. Arsenal-tastic.

Nah, looks good. Even if only a couple of those succeed you'll be entertained.

Where coming for you!!

I can see us blitzing the lesser teams at home this season. I know we did with Villa, West Ham, Wolves & Sunderland last season but I can't see repeats of the Blackpool, Blackburn, Stoke games, etc.

Blackpool game was a fluke but I see where you're coming from.

Think pace is more of importance than creativity at the moment and out of those mentioned by the OP from what I know only HBA and Cabaye are creative. Certainly Tiote isn't and neither is Ba from what I've seen.

The players we're getting and being linked with would certainly suggest we'll be a SBR team - lite next season. Quick on the counter and fairly direct without being longball.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Makes Pardew's quote about playing a different way/style make more sense and also Nolan's sale

When we got Cabaye I couldn't really imagine Nolan staying.

I can see us blitzing the lesser teams at home this season. I know we did with Villa, West Ham, Wolves & Sunderland last season but I can't see repeats of the Blackpool, Blackburn, Stoke games, etc.

Think pace is more of importance than creativity at the moment and out of those mentioned by the OP from what I know only HBA and Cabaye are creative. Certainly Tiote isn't and neither is Ba from what I've seen.

The players we're getting and being linked with would certainly suggest we'll be a SBR team - lite next season. Quick on the counter and fairly direct without being longball.

Yep. Two, three passes gets someone with pace to burn out into the open field, racing through the midfield and ripping teams apart :smug:

We had that with Robert, Bellamy and Dyer. If we can replicate that we Marveaux, Erdinc, Ben Arfa and the other winger/Jonas, then we'll be fucking genius on the counter next year.

The fact that it seems we're completely changing the style of the team makes me confident for more signings, because atm we haven't bought enough to change it.

And the fact we're getting them in early so we can work on it during the pre-season too. Superb.

Guest Mantis

We seem to be replacing grit with flair. I know which of those two I prefer to watch.

But you always need a balance of both.  One without the other wont do.

Pace is surely most effective away from home against the 'bigger clubs who will be expected to attack us from the off? The likes of Norwich*, Swansea*, West Brom will surely come up and 'park the bus'.

*I'm actually hoping they'll adopt more of a Blackpool approach and try to attack their way to safety.

Guest Antec

We seem to be replacing grit with flair. I know which of those two I prefer to watch.

This

It does with Barcelona and Arsenal. :pow:

We do have a decent amount of "grit", work rate at least.