Virgin MAC Code

Tooj

Guest neesy111

Hello,

Due to a cracking deal I've got, I'm moving all of my services over from Virgin to Sky. With Virgin being a cable provider, will I still need a MAC code?

No, completely different types of broadband unless you were on Virgin National which I highly doubt as you've got the TV I'm guessing.

Big mistake going over to Sky, big fucking mistake.

I've got a deal whereby it's half price for 12 months. So I'm getting the full works and still paying £35 less, a month than what I currently am with Virgin. So I'm prepared to take the risk. Especially as my life is currently void of Sky Atlantic.

I've got a deal whereby it's half price for 12 months. So I'm getting the full works and still paying £35 less, a month than what I currently am with Virgin. So I'm prepared to take the risk. Especially as my life is currently void of Sky Atlantic.

Did the same a few months ago mate, Sky Atlantic's not really worth it, but being rid of Virgin "customer service" sure as hell is.

Guest neesy111

Agreed, especially on Broadband.  Been with Virgin BB for 8 years and it's went off 5 times for more than a couple of hours.  Excellent.

Also Virgin has the best on demand service bar none.

Guest neesy111

Hello,

Due to a cracking deal I've got, I'm moving all of my services over from Virgin to Sky. With Virgin being a cable provider, will I still need a MAC code?

You will need to have your BT line reactivated, if you didn't already know.  Think Sky do this now, if not it costs quite a bit.

Thats all fine and dandy until it rains, snows, gets a slight breeze, or is sunny, or slightly over cast and you can't get a signal due to adverse weather conditions. It's also worth noting that their internet is fucking shit, the box they provide you with has a habit of falling asleep and needing to be reset, sometimes it takes ages to find a DNS after doing this. It's also great when they send out an update for your modem which totally knacks it up and then they ask you to pay for a new modem. We're currently in the process of telling Sky to fuck off, the trouble is they don't fucking listen.