Wimbledon 2011

Decky

Guest neesy111

Murray to win it.  (Tin hat on).

Slightly sad to be missing it (on travels), watched everyone madly since I was 6 as my Grandma was a huge tennis fan.  Best sporting tournament for me.

Guest neesy111

Also expecting the whole 2 week's of everyone getting their tennis rackets out and then put back in the closet waiting for next year.

I wish Safin was still around, not many characters like him around these days. Havn't really had a favourite player since he retired, but i'd like Del Potro and Monfils to do well. I'm predicting another win for Rafa.

I wish Safin was still around, not many characters like him around these days. Havn't really had a favourite player since he retired, but i'd like Del Potro and Monfils to do well. I'm predicting another win for Rafa.

That would do for me seeing as I'll be at the final. Fingers crossed Rafa at least makes the final. He's the only one of the top five I've yet to see live.

Saw Monfils down there last year and he was garbage losing to Hewitt in straight sets. Caught him at Roland Garros this year and he was fairly impressive. He plays a bit too 'all in' for my liking though.

Guest lankybellwipe

Also expecting the whole 2 week's of everyone getting their tennis rackets out and then put back in the closet waiting for next year.

Always the same! 2 weeks of every court in britain crammed to the tits 24-7, and then after it's finished, back to the dormant volcano silence! for 50 weeks! I don't get it tbh!  :kinnear:

Always the same! 2 weeks of every court in britain crammed to the tits 24-7, and then after it's finished, back to the dormant volcano silence! for 50 weeks! I don't get it tbh!  :kinnear:

A bit like cricket when the Ashes are on.

same with rugby for me, six nations and fucking barbarians

fuck off man, start watching it every week if you like it so much

I don't see what's wrong with it? It's bound to ignite the enthusiasm - perhaps temporarily - of those who take a passing interest in the sport. So what if they don't have the commitment to play/watch it all year round? Why does it matter? ???

I don't see what's wrong with it? It's bound to ignite the enthusiasm - perhaps temporarily - of those who take a passing interest in the sport. So what if they don't have the commitment to play/watch it all year round? Why does it matter? ???

aye, fuck them.

Wanna go play Tennis Neil?

You bring the stumps and I'll pick up a couple of bats on the way.

aye, fuck them.

Wanna go play Tennis Neil?

You bring the stumps and I'll pick up a couple of bats on the way.

I need to get a new 6 iron but sure, I'm up for that.