The buy-back clause.

TherealnorthernTOON

I've heard of it many times, that clubs implement it when selling younger eager players who doesn't want to wait for their time to shine. But apart from Alex wich was more of an trick to get him his work permit, I can't recall ever to remember anyone using this type of clause. Does anyone remember seeing it beeing used ever?

Did Real Madrid use it with one of their midfielders? Can't remember his name but was pretty recent. Think it was a buyback clause...Getafe rings a bell.

I remember they bought him back with the plan that he done so well, linked with Villa for around £12 million at the time.

Pretty sure Real Madrid have used it over time selling their youth players to the likes of Getafe etc

also sure Fergie has a buy back clause for Rossi and heard rumours about one for Shawcross

Real used a buy back clause for Alvaro Negredo and sold him to Sevilla for a profit.

Real Madrid use it all the time.

Most noteably with Alvaro Negredo who they bought back from Almeria for five million euro's and sold him to Sevilla for fifteen million a couple of weeks later.

Noticed Real Madrid use the clause a lot for many of their academy grads. When they do well enough and attracts the attention of another club, Real will buy them back for the fee before selling on immediately for a profit.

Reports that Bojan will have a similiar clause if he goes to Roma.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Used all the time by Real Madrid and Barcelona since a lot of their youngsters go on to play for other La Liga clubs. It's something we should do if we sell LuaLua tbh.

Ruben de la red had a buyback clause if I'm not wrong.

It's a pretty smart thing to do if you're the selling club, but you obviously have to take a hit on the transfer value itself unless you're willing to accept a high buyback clause, which would be useless.