True Blood Season 5 (US Pace - Here Be Spoilers!)

QBG

Why not use the old thread and edit the title to season four? You started it after all. :razz:

Still, it'll probably be a shit season. Heard from someone who has read the books that it just went off the rails after a while. Hoping it'll prove me wrong though, obviously. :)

Why not use the old thread and edit the title to season four? You started it after all. :razz:

Still, it'll probably be a s*** season. Heard from someone who has read the books that it just went off the rails after a while. Hoping it'll prove me wrong though, obviously. :)

The thought never actually crossed my mind :lol:

Watched the first 8 minutes of the new season, was an eye-opener and built my anticipation.  From what I can tell, it is going to get stupid.  The way new super-naturals and other assorted freaks get introduced separately each season seems a little disjointed.  I think the argument is, though, that it's only been about a month, two max, long in story-time.

See, I thought that.  Still do.  But each season its ratings & audience seem to go up. :idiot2:

When a good story dies for a story that takes less intelligence to follow and has VAMPIRES, WEREWOLVES AND SHIT, ratings go up. Mainly because people are stupid.

Worth watching just for cause Paquin and the lass that plays Jessica are both incredibly fit.

Haven't got much hope for the season tbh, last one was really disappointing.

:thup: More tits please.

Jessica hasn't had them out yet has she?

Worth watching just for cause Paquin and the lass that plays Jessica are both incredibly fit.

Haven't got much hope for the season tbh, last one was really disappointing.

:thup: More tits please.

Jessica hasn't had them out yet has she?

apparently season 4 is a lot more titular and raunchy

See, I thought that.  Still do.  But each season its ratings & audience seem to go up. :idiot2:

When a good story dies for a story that takes less intelligence to follow and has VAMPIRES, WEREWOLVES AND SHIT, ratings go up. Mainly because people are stupid.

I think the new influx of female idiots has a lot to do with the direction its taken as well.  When it was just season one, it was actually quite cult-ish, no-one really knew or bothered with it.  Then it got more popular and the story got more ridiculous.  I mean, that said, as entire seasons I think it's really good 'fun', but week-on-week it certainly left me wishing I'd just left it until it was all over.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to the introduction of the witch side of the story.  Just more faces you have to get to know, love or hate, wish they'd fuck off etc etc.  Personally found the Jesus character nauseating, and the other 'witch'. 

Godric set for more appearances which is going to be ridiculous also.  They made a mistake killing him off, but they just need to accept that they did it.  Even if it's in the book, and I don't know it is, it doesn't come across very well on TV if you ask me.  Plus, he's now some sort of Jesus-figure.  Fuck off man, he'd been killing cunts for 2000 years. :nope:

On a completely different note, I'd been re-watching all of True Blood over the last week and was watching some as I went to bed last night.  Fell asleep with it on, and in my dream, Bill set a vampire dog on Steve Newlin and it raped him in the ass. :lol:

Woke up immediately in absolute stitches. :lol:

EDIT: Alan Ball confirmed they'd be bringing back Russell Edgington, but not this season.  Obviously have high hopes for the programme's longevity.  It is something of a cash cow for HBO, so go for it.  Just means they'll be able to subsidise their better shows that don't pull in the ratings like The Sopranos did for The Wire.  Unfortunately that was why Deadwood finished, just couldn't afford to keep making a loss on it.

I noticed the actor that plays Eric is in Zoolander....

One of Zoolanders buddies that gets killed at the petrol station.

Indeed he was

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8sqClPlMhwkmjmQ9fpss9blyNv657HL4GlQ8uLuugVoXbW7bp

Interesting enough, nice to have some time to catch up with as opposed to a continuation from the end of the previous season.  Not convinced the 'Fae' part will have much bearing over the season.

Still, hugely ridiculous change of events.  Would've been nice to find out how Bill defeated Sophie-anne.