Grand Theft Auto

Decky

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html

Official Trailer

Online gameplay

Gameplay

Trailer 2

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Trailer 1

It'll be in a city based on LA. Rockstar hired a location scouting company a good while back for a yet "untitled" game. No other suspects in their upcoming game arsenal than GTA, though, so they might as well have said it was for it. :lol:

No. Firstly, that was developed by Team Bungi and published by Rockstar. Secondly, that was pretty much finished when this took place. Posted about it when it happened in another thread on here and Towelie went all "they ain't working on GTA V yet, man! :frantic:"

See my edit. It was Team Bungi that developed LA Noire. And most of their "scouting" was done from old photographs/videos of the city from that time as it does not exactly look the same today. Obviously Rockstar will most likely have access to this, but they'll be working on a completely different city even if there's similarities between the games.

Got a mate working on this at Rockstar North in Edinburgh.  Said there should be some dodgy torture story that will get the media in uproar that he worked on specifically. 

Also reckons it's being forced out too soon to the detriment of the game. :hmm:

Also said he shouldn't be saying that, but he did so fuck him! :lol:

Got a mate working on this at Rockstar North in Edinburgh.  Said there should be some dodgy torture story that will get the media in uproar that he worked on specifically. 

Also reckons it's being forced out too soon to the detriment of the game. :hmm:

Also said he shouldn't be saying that, but he did so fuck him! :lol:

Very likely given how seemingly both Microsoft and Sony are ramping up their next gen planning. Wouldn't want to lose the newest game of their (Rockstar) biggest brand in the midst of the transition period.

Ah I see, well if it's in LA then atleast there will be some sun in the game. Liberty City was a grim s*** hole.

EDIT: Actualy thinking about it, wasn't San Andreas based partly on LA, Vegas and some other place?

LA, Vegas and San Fran, aye.

San Andreas was fucking enormous. It still stuns me that that was on the PS2 and Xbox man. They should definitely update the graphics on that bad boy and release it again :snod: I have it on my 360, might stick it on later.

I never got used to the map. I mean, I knew where stuff was, but there were small places that I never knew were even there. I honestly though the next gen stuff would make San Andreas looks tiny.

No. Firstly, that was developed by Team Bungi and published by Rockstar. Secondly, that was pretty much finished when this took place. Posted about it when it happened in another thread on here and Towelie went all "they ain't working on GTA V yet, man! :frantic:"

And here I was thinking Bungie made all those Halo titles, and Team Bondi did LA Noire :dontknow:

Starting to seem likely that they've put Agent on the shelves and are working on GTA V instead, even though someone from either Rockstar or TakeTwo (can't remember) said that Agent was still in the works, but might not be a PS3 exclusive any more.

Co-op would be nice. For that reason pretty much alone I'm more looking forward to Saints Row 3 coming out.

I echo what people above have said about the seriousness, it needs to be more fun (another thing I loved about SR2).

I must have been one of the few that quite enjoyed the characters and story of GTA IV - while I played it.  However,  I reached a point where I couldn't be bothered to drive from point A to B repeatedly to do the same mission, but this looks like a problem that has been addressed from RDR with in mission checkpointing.

As long as they get rid of the man-dates that plagued you when you wanted to do missions (although it was quite fun to get the character pissed) then that would be another massive improvement.  It's a bit like Alan Smith in our squad really - get rid to go forward.

If I could have a dream GTA it would have to be GTA International, flying between cities based on LA, Miami, New York, London, Tokyo etc. but the scope of that would be massive.  Then again if the rumour in the initial post of the scale being vast, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up getting a mash-up of Vice City and San Andreas to have both make a current gen appearance.

I liked the charecters & story or GTA4 aswel, it was 2nd behind Vice City imo, I mean Niko was great. Gameplay wise though it was probably the worst of the lot 'when they first came out', and even now San Andreas is still miles ahead of it in every way (gameplay wise)

Loved GTA IV, story and characters were excellent. Didn't mind the friend thing either, as most characters were good enough to want to have a relationship with. Going for a piss up with that Irish bloke was always a good laugh.

One day we'll see a multi-city game I think. I'd love to play in London, Venice or Paris for example - that'd be fantastic.

Perhaps you'd be an undercover cop who needs to fly around key cities in order to catch a crime syndicate, the possibilities are endless :)