Grand Theft Auto

Decky

No. Firstly, that was developed by Team Bungi and published by Rockstar. Secondly, that was pretty much finished when this took place. Posted about it when it happened in another thread on here and Towelie went all "they ain't working on GTA V yet, man! :frantic:"

And here I was thinking Bungie made all those Halo titles, and Team Bondi did LA Noire :dontknow:

Starting to seem likely that they've put Agent on the shelves and are working on GTA V instead, even though someone from either Rockstar or TakeTwo (can't remember) said that Agent was still in the works, but might not be a PS3 exclusive any more.

It was the head of Sony/Playstation getting interviewed at E3, he aid something about it definitely still being in the works but he was unsure about exclusivity. Still think it's strange how long it's been in development and we've not seen a single thing.

No. Firstly, that was developed by Team Bungi and published by Rockstar. Secondly, that was pretty much finished when this took place. Posted about it when it happened in another thread on here and Towelie went all "they ain't working on GTA V yet, man! :frantic:"

And here I was thinking Bungie made all those Halo titles, and Team Bondi did LA Noire :dontknow:

Starting to seem likely that they've put Agent on the shelves and are working on GTA V instead, even though someone from either Rockstar or TakeTwo (can't remember) said that Agent was still in the works, but might not be a PS3 exclusive any more.

It was the head of Sony/Playstation getting interviewed at E3, he aid something about it definitely still being in the works but he was unsure about exclusivity. Still think it's strange how long it's been in development and we've not seen a single thing.

Ah that's it, cheers.

Aye, it's strange that we've not heard a single thing on it. It's been in development since 2007 :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Man, I remember one of the first ever jobs I applied for was a QA Tester for Rockstar in Lincoln, must have been about 16 or so. Remember the questionnaire was really odd, had very little to do with games.  :lol:

In the GTA4 manual there's a little hint about 'See you in Vice City', which everyone picked up on at the time.

I remember reading an interview in magazine when GTA4 came out about how they considered the need to fill up petrol in a car from fans and they were going to put it into the game but it would have been too big to do it back then. I'm getting really tired with the Liberty city stuff now so going back to California and Nevada would be a great escape. Why can't they go North into Seattle or even Vancouver? Vancouver would allow for a San Andreas type game where you can be in the middle of the city one minute then out in the country the next.

I remember reading an interview in magazine when GTA4 came out about how they considered the need to fill up petrol in a car from fans and they were going to put it into the game but it would have been too big to do it back then. I'm getting really tired with the Liberty city stuff now so going back to California and Nevada would be a great escape. Why can't they go North into Seattle or even Vancouver? Vancouver would allow for a San Andreas type game where you can be in the middle of the city one minute then out in the country the next.

Aye they need to move it like, someplace new...

Where has loads of crime?

New York

Miami

LA

Detroit

???

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

GTA Detriot.  :lol:

Empty building after empty building, with the odd crackhouse in the middle!

GTA Vancouver.

Quite for 90% of the game until the playoff finals when all hell breaks loose.

GTA Miami

Shows loads of promise, is loaded with superstar features, but fades away in the last quarter.

GTA LA

There's only one stand out character that keeps the game going, and even he's phoning it in.

Dallas:

Bad guy: "Lee I've got a a problem. I'm sick of the sight of these pesky bastards who go around in their open top automobile showing off and looking like a twat. Ihave it on good word that such a twat is going to do that very thing today down by the grassy knoll, I want you to go to the book depository and shoot the guy and then go to the movies and meet me when it's done."

GTA Rio somewhere other than America would be nice. Wish they would make the game a bit harder as well, so that to hi jack someone you have to time it rather than just pressing triangle. Best bit with GTA games is when you start out with nothing, then you get really rich stupidly fast which takes the whole edge off it.

London is the most realistic, and probably most likely if they do venture outside the US.  It's absurd really, given that GTA is more or less exclusively made by Rockstar North.

Could have it round Leeds.  :lol:

Newcastle would be ace...but im sure anyone anywhere would say the same about where they live. Would love to cruise down the Quayside, pick up a couple of whores and drive in to the Tyne, swim over to Sage, nick a car, park it on the swing bridge and let a grenade off.  :lol: My version of Geordie Shore.  :lol: Could you imagine the accents?

Problem is they tend to be island cities for boundary reasons, natural cut off points in water, Tokyo could probably get away with it, sea on one side, mountain on the other (from what i believe to be true, could be miles out)

Was it the game the Getaway set in London, GTA knock off? I never played it.

London or Tokyo.

Either of those would be brilliant :) Think I'd prefer Tokyo though.

London ganstas and Yakuza for Tokyo, could make a real element out of the samurai weapon, proper Kill Bill fight scenes (we all know they love to lift from movies ala scarface)

GTA Rio somewhere other than America would be nice. Wish they would make the game a bit harder as well, so that to hi jack someone you have to time it rather than just pressing triangle. Best bit with GTA games is when you start out with nothing, then you get really rich stupidly fast which takes the whole edge off it.

Rio would be class tbh, ticks the sand/city boxes that made Vice City & San Andreas so good aswel. Could be a City of God style gang story, would be class.

Car jacking should still just be simple though, after the first couple of times it would just become a pointless chore imo, much better to just go back to the PS2 games and do whatever they did again.

Rockstar North is in Edinburgh, for the record, Leeds base is an entirely different set up, but it's still quite sad there has been no attempt to do a British city since it did London in the 60s in the 2D format (unless I missed one in my drug-fest years).

Rio would be class tbh, ticks the sand/city boxes that made Vice City & San Andreas so good aswel. Could be a City of God style gang story, would be class.

Car jacking should still just be simple though, after the first couple of times it would just become a pointless chore imo, much better to just go back to the PS2 games and do whatever they did again.

Better to have some stat build ups like Crackdown, so when you first start knicking cars its a big hassle, slow and cumbersome, once up to max level you press one button and its done.