Grand Theft Auto

Decky

With regards to the multi-city thing. Maybe they could do something with hard drives? Like download Liberty City from the GTA4 disk onto the consoles HD and access it that way? Basically with each new GTA comes a new city, all the previous cities can still be accessed though as they are stored on your HD. Eventually there will be a few cities that are accessible. The only problem is next gen consoles really as old cities like Liberty City will start to look dated.

GTA Miami

Shows loads of promise, is loaded with superstar features, but fades away in the last quarter.

GTA LA

There's only one stand out character that keeps the game going, and even he's phoning it in.

:lol: Absolutely wasted on the audience.

With regards to the multi-city thing. Maybe they could do something with hard drives? Like download Liberty City from the GTA4 disk onto the consoles HD and access it that way? Basically with each new GTA comes a new city, all the previous cities can still be accessed though as they are stored on your HD. Eventually there will be a few cities that are accessible. The only problem is next gen consoles really as old cities like Liberty City will start to look dated.

A bit like sunderland !

We really are in a holographic universe!  :frantic:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

GTA Miami

Shows loads of promise, is loaded with superstar features, but fades away in the last quarter.

GTA LA

There's only one stand out character that keeps the game going, and even he's phoning it in.

:lol: Absolutely wasted on the audience.

It was all for you, Mike. All for you.

No. Firstly, that was developed by Team Bungi and published by Rockstar. Secondly, that was pretty much finished when this took place. Posted about it when it happened in another thread on here and Towelie went all "they ain't working on GTA V yet, man! :frantic:"

And here I was thinking Bungie made all those Halo titles, and Team Bondi did LA Noire :dontknow:

Starting to seem likely that they've put Agent on the shelves and are working on GTA V instead, even though someone from either Rockstar or TakeTwo (can't remember) said that Agent was still in the works, but might not be a PS3 exclusive any more.

:lol: Check out the time of the post, I'm allowed typos in the middle of the night, man. :blush:

It's incredibly difficult to ever do anything as good as GTA3/Vice City again because of the simple fact that there's very little they can do that's groundbreaking, as those titles were.

However, what may help is:

- lose the grimy "realistic" graphics and brighten everything up.

- lose the scripted missions where you can't do what you're supposed to until a certain point. If you're going to need a plot point later in the mission, make it a tail mission. If I want to send a rocket through their car window or blow the tyres out immediately, let me do so.

- lose the tedious extra stuff like bowling, going to the gym, taking in a show. It is neither necessary nor entertaining.

- don't have the first five hours of the game acting as a tutorial. Make it optional, we'll pick it up.

- put the driving mechanics back to the way they were previously. Having it too unforgiving means that you lose the pick up and play aspect that was really refreshing about the early titles.

- More mission variation. Less drive somewhere, kill someone, drive somewhere else, kill someone else.

- find a balance between scale and interest. GTA IV was too big because there were vast swathes of it that were totally unremarkable and it all looked the same, okay Manhattan's a bit shinier and New Jersey's a bit grubbier but the city is really quite dull and interchangeable from one area to the next. Vice City and the original Liberty City were tiny in comparison but had just as much stuff in it as Liberty City 2 (4). This made each location more memorable. I could put either of those on right now, the best part of ten years later, and find my way round without a map. Size was my main problem with San Andreas which could get quite dull because of how long it took to get around but at least there was a lot of variation across environments. LC2 didn't add any extra interesting stuff over the original, it just increased the size and filled it with nondescript samey streets.

- On a similar note, don't make the traffic system too complicated. I realise this is not easy in such a vast area and what is supposed to be a realistic city, but sometimes it takes you literally half an hour to get where you're going both because of the size and because you've taken the wrong exit off the motorway. It's a game, not a commute.

I could go on. GTA4 was a very good game but it also had quite a lot wrong with it.

Agree with most of that, Wullie. I like the size of San Andreas though, mainly due to how differant each place was (City, sea, desert, countryside, slums, the strip, the mountain, a dam etc, there was loads, and it would be difficult to have such variety in a Vice City sized map), it only became a problem for me when I was forced to drive from one end to the other in a mission, or when I found an import/export car and had to drive it back without wrecking it.

Loved the storyline when you first left LA in San Andreas.

Having this gang member drive through and get lost in the country side, stop at redneck villages was fantastic. Country music on the car stereo and all.

Loved the storyline when you first left LA in San Andreas.

Having this gang member drive through and get lost in the country side, stop at redneck villages was fantastic. Country music on the car stereo and all.

I loved that part of the game, I did really enjoy that. It came out at a time that I just got married and had to devote my time to my wife (booooooo) so my gaming time dropped a lot, where as I played GTA 3 to death.

I like GTA 4 but as it was so vast and I could invest so little time it kind of went over my head, the pick up and play element that Wullie touched upon was missing for me.

Rockstar North is in Edinburgh, for the record, Leeds base is an entirely different set up, but it's still quite sad there has been no attempt to do a British city since it did London in the 60s in the 2D format (unless I missed one in my drug-fest years).

Was beginning to think everyone had forgotten the original top-down GTA: London. Great game. I loved the missions (steal red, white and blue minis, get the inflatable dolls to the tip before they explode etc), and it had the Liquidator on the soundtrack.

I'm with Wullie on most things, except that I loved the size of San Andreas. I loved the way that leaving the city really felt like you were leaving a life behind. Only thing that pissed me off were the haulage missions with explosives (rock hard). Still my favourite ever game.

For me, there are two things I'd like:

GTA: London, with travel to the continent (Italy for mafia, maybe Russia, Monaco/the Alps).

GTA: Miami, with travel to the caribbean/Cuba.

...and as the man said, there's GOT to be a lot of fun. Imagine the soundtracks of the two above.

Grand theft Auto Belfast. Would be actually realistic.

Would love that. Unionists, Loyalists, IRA, British Army, Decky; the possibilities are endless.

:lol: Would baseball bat the fire out of wor Declan.

Grand theft Auto Belfast. Would be actually realistic.

Would love that. Unionists, Loyalists, IRA, British Army, Decky; the possibilities are endless.

:lol: Would baseball bat the fire out of wor Declan.

Decky shuffling round the streets! "my mothers my sister!"  LOL