Grand Theft Auto

Decky

It's actually phenomenal, the people look slightly out of place, but that's because Rockstars GTA engine has always had that feel about the people in relation to the game world.

I'm sure that by the time the PS4/Xbox9000/crazy graphics card comes out, we'll have some serious shit going on. Although, I reckon we'll have a split, with some really gritty 'real life' game like GTA and COD, and an entirely separate type of game, with some excellent artistry and colours, more like Final Fantasy or Halo. Whatever's gonna happen, I bet it's amazing.

• 3 months later...

Official

Rockstar has officially announced Grand Theft Auto 5 via a teaser image posted on Rockstar.com.

The image merely teases the game's logo and lists a date for the game's first trailer - 2nd November.

No release date or platforms are mentioned.

The V in the logo is stylised to look like a a bank note. What could that mean?

Previous rumours pegged the game as being set in Hollywood, with information from a purported casting call earlier this year suggesting the game has been in development for a while.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

:celb:

Awesome. This is and always will be the game I most look forward to

Before GTA4 was released this was me. I've probably said this countless times but I realy hope they bring the franchise back on track.

As much as Saints Row is stupidly fun, it just hasn't got the cool feel the old GTA's had.

As mad as it sounds the best innovation for GTA5 would be to remove that mini-hud in the corner of the screen. It shows everything in the game world which effectively kills the suspense of the game. Not only does it draw a simple path for you to follow when driving between locations but it also handily highlights all of the enemies as red dots so what should be a cautious exercise in working through an area becomes a simple task of spotting the dots and taking them out systematically.

If you turn it off in the options on GTA4 it becomes a much better game as you don't instantly know you have cleared out an area allowing you to charge up towards the next dot on the map. It's a much more cautious and edgey experience. I found I also learned more of the map from paying attention to the buildings and landmarks in the game instead of just following the line around the map.

In fact the radar is what killed any chance of the online mode being fun as well.

The V in the logo is stylised to look like a a bank note. What could that mean?

Probably that there's money involved in the game, just as with every other GTA :lol:

Looking forward to this, as I always tend to enjoy the GTA series.

As mad as it sounds the best innovation for GTA5 would be to remove that mini-hud in the corner of the screen. It shows everything in the game world which effectively kills the suspense of the game. Not only does it draw a simple path for you to follow when driving between locations but it also handily highlights all of the enemies as red dots so what should be a cautious exercise in working through an area becomes a simple task of spotting the dots and taking them out systematically.

If you turn it off in the options on GTA4 it becomes a much better game as you don't instantly know you have cleared out an area allowing you to charge up towards the next dot on the map. It's a much more cautious and edgey experience. I found I also learned more of the map from paying attention to the buildings and landmarks in the game instead of just following the line around the map.

In fact the radar is what killed any chance of the online mode being fun as well.

Never thought of it that way. The 3rd person shooter missions have allways been piss poor tbh, mainly for the reasons you've stated.