London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Both Koreas paraded together in the 2008 Olympics, the Yugoslav nations competed under the Olympic flag in 1992,  but no, the Scots can't play football with the English. :lol:

This is not true

Okay, it was only Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia. But still, the country was in the middle of a war and their participation was a huge deal.

Both Koreas paraded together in the 2008 Olympics, the Yugoslav nations competed under the Olympic flag in 1992,  but no, the Scots can't play football with the English. :lol:

We even had a joint team with the Commie bastards at the U21 WC in '91.

But no, the Scots can't play football with the English. :lol:

Wonder if Rooney will fancy it after England gets knocked out of the group stages and he ends up playing zilch games in the Euros.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was to happen. But it does depend on how far England get in the Euros.....

I don't care about Pearce, and I don't think his inexperience is that important.

I'm honestly more excited about seeing a British team at the London Olympics than I am about this crap European Championships next summer. I won't see that again in my lieftime. I'll have plenty of opportunities to see an exhausted squad of overpaid Man Utd and Chelsea players disappoint against vastly superior opposition.

So Stuart Pearce, who cares? I hope it's Euro 96 atmosphere, and I hope the whole country gets behind them.

Supporters' Strip:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/28/article-2054680-0E92889B00000578-119_468x451.jpg

London 2012: Gareth Bale wears Olympic football shirt

Wales midfielder Gareth Bale has risked upsetting some Welsh football fans by becoming the first player to pose in a British Olympic team supporters' shirt.

The Football Association of Wales, along with those of Scotland and Northern Ireland, has opposed its players playing in the British team.

The Tottenham star has said he wants to play for Team GB at London 2012.

And a British Olympic Association spokesman said he was a natural choice to be used in the photograph.

He told the BBC: "We have maintained all along that Team GB will allow for the consideration, and possible inclusion, of players from any of the Home Nations, so it only makes sense that Gareth would appear in the photo."

However, Bale's decision to make his position so clear, by becoming the first player to model the kit, will be controversial.

The official team kit will be launched next year.

The shirt which Bale is wearing is a limited edition shirt for supporters. It has been produced to celebrate the four home nations coming together to form Team GB.

The blue shirt has red and white trim and a union jack logo painted into the main body.

Although it is not the same as the team's version, it is believed to be similar and the supporters' shirts will go on sale in two weeks' time.

A spokesman for Gareth Bale said that "while he is 100% Welsh, he is also British".

The Football Association of Wales would not comment, but they have always accepted that they have no legal basis on which to stop their players representing Team GB.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/15494228.stm