Solano at right back

Willow

Doing really well in this position and can also push forward like ashley cole does, I hope he stays in this position and keeps Carr out of the team for as long as possible  bluebiggrin.gif

Man of the match today and deservedly so!  :thup:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72646593.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6FA1AD599272103C5C7631F868A8C7D54

Doing brilliantly at the moment.

Can't explain how un-surprised i will be when Carr comes back into the team, though. He probably will anyway now, with Milner injured.

Dyer should play there really, we actually looked more effective with him there than through the middle. Atleast then he's got two targets, and not just one.

I suggested that we should play Nobby at RB 3 months ago. When Guilitt bought him (another great buy from  Ruud by the way, like Dyer Distin Saha Nobby) Nobby was a full back when we got him, Maradonna reckoned Nobby was the best RB in Argentina. Maybe Roeder has actually learned something, he might even realise that Ramage hasn't got an ounce of football in his body one day

Maybe Roeder has actually learned something, he might even realise that Ramage hasn't got an ounce of football in his body one day

I don't think he's learnt anything, he's been forced to play him there pretty much.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

I suggested that we should play Nobby at RB 3 months ago. When Guilitt bought him (another great buy from Ruud by the way, like Dyer Distin Saha Nobby) Nobby was a full back when we got him, Maradonna reckoned Nobby was the best RB in Argentina. Maybe Roeder has actually learned something, he might even realise that Ramage hasn't got an ounce of football in his body one day

bobby bought distin. Dalglish signed solano.

FFS he was bought as a right back fools. LOL so don't be too suprised.

People know this but i dont think he was bought to be a RB, I cant remember if he changed from a RB to RW at Boca or here. Im not suprised he performed so well but i am a little annoyed why he hasnt played there from the start of the seasn and im gonna be furious when Carr walks back into the side because Roeder seems to like Carr

Nobby was brilliant in possession today, and really added something to our right side.

I'm still not sure yet that he's a longer-term solution to the full back problem. He wasn't up against a winger today, and wasn't challenged in the air. The test will come against a Bolton or a Wigan, or in an away game where we get pushed back.

But I must admit, the doubts that I had about him before the game have been considerably eased.

Nobby was brilliant in possession today, and really added something to our right side.

I'm still not sure yet that he's a longer-term solution to the full back problem. He wasn't up against a winger today, and wasn't challenged in the air. The test will come against a Bolton or a Wigan, or in an away game where we get pushed back.

But I must admit, the doubts that I had about him before the game have been considerably eased.

Nobby hoesn't have to be brilliant in the air, that's the job of Taylor and Bramble when they're in the middle.  His reading of the game when at right back has been faultless so far and his link up play has also been excellent.

When he's match fit he's an asset to the team, even more so when he's got somebody to hit with a pass as we don't give up posession when breaking out of defence.  His short passing sometimes lets him down as he runs forward and is out of position and unable to get back, if he can avoid than then he should be able to defend against almost anybody.