Saints Row: The Third

Clay

I love the hoover car at the end :lol: Just looks crazy.. Give it a good story and it's exactly what GTA should be like.

That jet though :fwap:

No. Just no.

Why not? GTA IV is dull.

I don't think GTA should be that ridiculous tbh. I quite like the balance we have now, Saints Row for a ridiculous OTT piss around and GTA for a more story driven and serious game. GTA needs some more side missions and activities, but not ridiculousness on the scale of that.

Aye maybe not the OTT stuff like the dildo weapon but it really needs to take a leaf out of Saints Rows book when it comes to variety.

Why stick you in a sandbox if there's fuck all to do?

I love the hoover car at the end :lol: Just looks crazy.. Give it a good story and it's exactly what GTA should be like.

No. Just no.

It's basicaly just a HD upgrade of the PS2 GTA's with more shit to do. Add Rockstars writing/humour/music selection etc and take away all of the stupid shit like the dildo and the massive fists and it would be class.

No. Just no.

It's basicaly just a HD upgrade of the PS2 GTA's with more shit to do. Add Rockstars writing/humour/music selection etc and take away all of the stupid shit like the dildo and the massive fists and it would be class.

That's basically what I meant.

I think graphically it looks better than GTA IV as well like.. and the driving looks miles better.

Aye, the guy in the video states you can "stop on a dime and powerslide around corners" which is exactly what you want, the writers just aren't as good/funny as they are at Rockstar though, which is why I couldn;t realy get into the other SR's. They just seemed to be trying far too hard to be 'cool'.

GTA needs more cheeky side missions that you can get into, if you get bored with the story, and less locked down scripted stuff.

Hopefully they put the drug dealing element from the DS game into the new one.. it's a bit like Dopewars if you've played that?

Just little things like that would help switch it up a bit from the repetitive chase missions.

SR2 was the most enjoyable co-op game I've ever played and one of the only games I've thoroughly enjoyed pretty much every part of. Can't wait until it's released, I'm such a lazy gamer just sticking FIFA on, but I'll 100% play this.

Does look ridiculous mind :lol:

No. Just no.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1010/456353-clipboard01_super.png

No. Just no.

Why not? GTA IV is dull.

Saints Row has always been a lesser GTA copy with OTT action/stories. Whilst IV had too much realism to it, the previous versions still are ten times better games than Saints Row will ever dream to be. If V gives you more to do outside the actual storyline, GTA will be :fwap: worthy again. Saints Row just tries too hard and to me the graphics feel silly as well. I've never gotten into it, and I doubt I ever will. It's a matter of taste though, and I can respect that others enjoy it. But saying it's everything GTA should be is silly, it's never been like GTA just because it's a sandbox desperately trying to copy it. Just enjoy it for what it is, no need to compare it to GTA. I'm sure the Saints Row developers aren't too fond of that comparison either, even if they're blatantly ripping shit off. :thup:

I wasn't talking about the previous versions.. should have worded my post better.

Speaking of previous GTA games I bought San Andreas last night in the steam sale and was blown away by how shit it is these days :( Looks rubbish.

No. Just no.

It's basicaly just a HD upgrade of the PS2 GTA's with more s*** to do. Add Rockstars writing/humour/music selection etc and take away all of the stupid s*** like the dildo and the massive fists and it would be class.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1010/456353-clipboard01_super.png

That was an easter egg though (in one of the plod stations iirc)