The death of atheism

womblemaster

OK, so Allah is going to come and show the atheists who's boss as foretold in the Quran. What's he going to do to the Jews and Christians who chose the wrong religion?  Or will they be OK?

Who would worship a god that would actively dish out pain an suffering to beings that appreantly cannot understand his genius, power, awesomeness and the ability to create all we see.  Is he/she/it that fcking petty that it needs the unconditional love from a bunch of wacky ape men on a distant planet orbiting one of a billion stars or more, in a galaxy which is one of trillions.

Seems like a pretty smalled minded and selfish douche bag tbh. 

Who would worship a god that would actively dish out pain an suffering to beings that appreantly cannot understand his genius, power, awesomeness and the ability to create all we see.  Is he/she/it that fcking petty that it needs the unconditional love from a bunch of wacky ape men on a distant planet orbiting one of a billion stars or more, in a galaxy which is one of trillions.

Seems like a pretty smalled minded and selfish douche bag tbh. 

:lol: Beautiful.

Guest palnese

It's my view that people create "God" in order to have something to give them hope and belief, which is fine, it's just not for me.

Well said.

It's my view that people create "God" in order to have something to give them hope and belief, which is fine, it's just not for me.

I have no issue with a personal belief and tbh Im starting to think that the universe has been "constructed" (i wont get into it) but not by this christain god. 

What i do get annoyed at is "worshipers" who say "ha, when god comes down you are gonner burn, god will decide your fate" 

Fuck off, how bad is that actively wishing death on people who might not think the same as yourself.

terrible, just terrible.

:thup: My mum's a big believer, truly got into it back when my sister died. One of the few things that makes her happy these days, and for that I'll thank religion. Brilliant to watch her at the door with twatty Jehovah Witnesses, rips the shit out of them. She doesn't try and force it on anyone else, it's just what makes her happy. Fair play for that. But that isn't really what religion seems to be about for the majority of people.

And another thing that gets my fucking goat..."some" religious folk seem to think they are the owners of "human good will" for want of a better phrase. 

Piss off, you have to do it, your god demands it.

Me, I do it to help people nobody makes me to do it.

I exert free will.

Made me laugh when I was debating with one stupid bint. Basically, if we didn't have religion, we wouldn't have the Bible. Without the Bible, no Ten Commandments. And because of that, we'd be nothing but a herd of disgusting animals with no morals. :lol: Alright, love.

It's not really "fine" though. How much of the evil in the world is created/influenced by religion? I know it's the few who give the majority a bad name but the power religion has in the world is shocking in this day and age.

As for the thread title, I'd imagine Atheism is at an all time high?

I try not be be overly cynical a la Richard Dawkins because like someone said some people find hope and hapiness in it and generally speaking they can provide a good moral compass and inspiration for a lot of decent people. I respect people who can find that level of faith in something, it must be quite fulfilling. The extremists puzzle me. There is, for them, no distinction between being religious or moral and what is written and reason is one and the same.

It's not really "fine" though. How much of the evil in the world is created/influenced by religion? I know it's the few who give the majority a bad name but the power religion has in the world is shocking in this day and age.

As for the thread title, I'd imagine Atheism is at an all time high?

Totally agree with the part in bold, you're right it is alarming how influential religion is in the modern day. However, some people are simply so set in their ways that no amount of proof or logic will disuade their ideas. I still stand by my point though; that if people need something to believe in, in order to feel better about themselves then who am I to tell them otherwise?

So hold on, every bit of human suffering at the hands of atheism has been recorded by God and he will punish all atheists on judgement day? What exactly have Atheists done in terms of human suffering that they are directly responsible for?, what about all the human suffering all religions have lead too, has all that been recorded by God?

It's because Atheism is at an all time high that now all the religions are now coming out and condemning it instead of each and every other religion they have raged war against in the past.

Atheism will fall the day religion falls.