Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Pete Graves @PeteGravesSky:

The only plus point of this whole Coloccini saga... is that for the entire day, I didn't think once about Loic Remy #nufc

He's right like :lol:

Thinnest silver lining ever. :lol:

Sliver lining

Witty bastard. :lol:

:lol: It's annoying to think "I wish I'd thought of that", isn't it? Down with witty bastards.

I love this man. I seriously doubt that he is trying to force a move without an extraordinary reason. His wife being would be one of those.

A great defender, a great icon for the club and a fantastic character who turned around a situation that seemed impossible. Also, a player who was instrumental in saving us from hitting rock bottom after the relegation.

I want him to stay for the remainder of his contract. I hope to god that will be the outcome of this. If he leaves now, I think we'll be in serious trouble. If his situation is resolved and he's staying on the other hand, I reckon we'll see him back at his best.

Stracqualursi would be a good start, however San Lorenzo seem to think they have nothing to do with the negotiations and won't consider putting anything in for the deal. Says everything you need to know about that setup. Taking advantage of a situation like this is a bastards trick.

You cannot have no doubt about him being here at the end of the season man :lol:

He could pull a Tevez any time he wants to for a start, which would be the worst case scenario, but if he genuinely needs/wants to leave there really isn't much the club can do other than try and turn his head, he's contracted to the club as a job, it's not a prison sentence.

Didn't some1 mention that Argie clubs can sign Argentine players any time, effectively no transfer window for them. Guess a compromise can be discussed in that Colo be allowed to leave on loan when we are safe from relegation. He'll be good enough for San Lorenzo now or later whether they their 2nd choice CB.

:lol: Righteo then.

don't know what that means, that i'm wrong or looking at it in the wrong way?

I just don't think anyone has a clue mate, there's no way anyone can say with any degree of certainty he'll be in our side until the end of the season. Personally I think the signs are bad, I don't think it matters that much whether we try to keep him here against his will or not. We'll see.

Didn't some1 mention that Argie clubs can sign Argentine players any time, effectively no transfer window for them. Guess a compromise can be discussed in that Colo be allowed to leave on loan when we are safe from relegation. He'll be good enough for San Lorenzo now or later whether they their 2nd choice CB.

Stifler did, so although that may be the case (I don't know personally) I would certainly research the subject further.

I just don't think anyone has a clue mate, there's no way anyone can say with any degree of certainty he'll be in our side until the end of the season. Personally I think the signs are bad, I don't think it matters that much whether we try to keep him here against his will or not. We'll see.

i see, personally don't think ashley will give 2 fucks about his personal life...if there's no-one to pay money for him or we don't get a direct replacement in as a swap i don't think he'll be going anywhere

i'm choosing to look at it from that perspective i suppose, the alternative being ashley lets our best CB and captain go for peanuts because he's unhappy and the millions of pounds it'd take to replace him would come from ashley's/the clubs pockets

it's not very likely is it?

i see, personally don't think ashley will give 2 fucks about his personal life...if there's no-one to pay money for him or we don't get a direct replacement in as a swap i don't think he'll be going anywhere

i'm choosing to look at it from that perspective i suppose, the alternative being ashley lets our best CB and captain go for peanuts because he's unhappy and the millions of pounds it'd take to replace him would come from ashley's/the clubs pockets

it's not very likely is it?

I don't think it's that likely he'll stay here and play, never mind play well, if this stuff is true and he wants away. Suspect there'll be some kind of compromise, possibly temporary.

We're all guessing though, admittedly. Just saying Ashley can't really necessarily play his usual hard ball when a player can just say "fuck it then, I'm off home and I'm not playing". For that reason alone, he needs to play it smarter than that.

We're all guessing though, admittedly. Just saying Ashley can't really necessarily play his usual hard ball when a player can just say "fuck it then, I'm off home and I'm not playing". For that reason alone, he needs to play it smarter than that.

:yao:  in this scenario he doesn't pay colo's wages

guess who wins again

If he really needs to go home I think best solution would be to just let him go (not paying wages for the time he's off) and re-evaluate the situation in the summer. Little break from football can't hurt in a situation like this. I'll be mad if San Lorenzo gains something from this.

As mentioned the best thing to do would be to give him a leave of absence until his wife is feeling better as if his wife really is in a bad way I doubt hell want to play for San Lorenzo every week even if its easier than here. He's done nothing but give his best for us so if his wife really is ill I think we should do all to accommodate him here, next to his wife it's only football.