Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

On this season's form Taylor should be the first defender on the teamsheet.

Yet he hasn't fit during our worst spell so it's not really a fair assessment citing this season's form.

Because Yanga-Mbiwa is a level above Taylor that's why.

I'd actually look to play Taylor and Colo in different games. For example games where you'd expect us to be playing a bit deeper and to be defending higher balls I'd play Taylor, whereas in games where the onus is on us a bit more to create and play a higher line (we can now do this due to Yanga-Mbiwa's pace) I'd play Coloccini.

What are you talking about man?

I've been praising Taylor along with everybody else since his form has been excellent on his return.

It's not my fault that Coloccini has broken your heart.

What are you talking about man?

I've been praising Taylor along with everybody else since his form has been excellent on his return.

It's not my fault that Coloccini has broken your heart.

Given that it's not a straight choice between Taylor and Colo I don't see what you're getting at. The pair of them are obviously the best 2 CBs at the club. MYM needs to get some games in if he's going to be up to speed by next season, so playing him with a player on his way out of the club and out of form makes no sense. Emotions don't come into it.

Colo looked to be playing fine to me by the time he got injured. Never once has he looked like the speculation got to him when it was leaked in the press.

Coloccini played most of his games next to Williamson, Taylor hasn't and that will make a massive difference to how the two have played.

Unless there's two Fabricio Colloccini's in Newcastle, seems he's put a planning application in to extend and refurbish his home. Not the action's of someone looking to move away.

http://www.fonkelhorse.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/6a00d8341d417153ef0148c817f154970c-800wi.png

I'm still not convinced that he is certain to leave this summer. If the club were unwilling to let an asset leave for free in January, whose to say they are going to allow it in the summer. He has the summer break to go and sort out whatever issues he may have and unless another club is willing to stump up enough cash he will remain under contract at Newcastle.

I'm still not convinced that he is certain to leave this summer. If the club were unwilling to let an asset leave for free in January, whose to say they are going to allow it in the summer. He has the summer break to go and sort out whatever issues he may have and unless another club is willing to stump up enough cash he will remain under contract at Newcastle.

I hope he stays, would save us money to spend somewhere else.