Injuries - situation according to Roeder

James

Only 9 or 10 senior players are fit according to Roeder. Parker has a back strain, and Milner received a heavy blow to the hip, and both are major doubts for Thursday. No word on N'Zogbia yet, but Dyer received lacerations to the leg, and should be fine, although Roeder has again been stressing the importance on not overloading him with matches just yet.

well,we got 10 days to our next premiership match

so lets bring the subs +youngsters to germany..got nothing much to lose..would love to see one or two youngsters + Luque starting :)

but whats scaring me is that our GOOD players will stay injured and the likes of duff and carr will be back again :(

That was from a video interview on the BBC, there is a slightly more optimistic outlook on .cock:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~933915,00.html

NEWCASTLE boss Glenn Roeder will be sweating on the fitness of three key players ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup clash with Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany.

Roeder saw Scott Parker, James Milner and Charles N'Zogbia pick up injuries in the 1-0 win over Portsmouth, and they join Craig Moore and Damien Duff in the treatment room after that pair were crocked at Arsenal last weekend.

Roeder said: "Scott Parker pulled a back muscle and had to come off, so that has to make him doubtful for the UEFA Cup trip to Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday.

"James Milner took a hefty blow to his hip, though I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it for Thursday.

"And Charles N'Zogbia took a nasty blow to his shinbone which might clear up over the next three or four days.

"Those injuries, and the ones that Craig and Duffer picked up last week, are the downsides to what has been an otherwise excellent week for us.

"The biggest concern at the moment is keeping enough players fit. There won't be another Premiership squad operating with just 10 or 11 players."

Guest Village Idiot

So all look like short term knocks/pulls. Nothing to be alarmed at with your next EPL game so far away. (why does the EPL have this crazy schedule anyway?)

One thing I dont think many noticed by the way was a short quote (in the Chronicle I think) which said that Duff had to have an operation and will be out for weeks.

Duff will not be missed, £5 million down the drain which could have been spent where we needed it rather than just because he appeared to be a bargain.

That was from a video interview on the BBC, there is a slightly more optimistic outlook on .cock:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~933915,00.html

NEWCASTLE boss Glenn Roeder will be sweating on the fitness of three key players ahead of Thursday's UEFA Cup clash with Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany.

Roeder saw Scott Parker, James Milner and Charles N'Zogbia pick up injuries in the 1-0 win over Portsmouth, and they join Craig Moore and Damien Duff in the treatment room after that pair were crocked at Arsenal last weekend.

Roeder said: "Scott Parker pulled a back muscle and had to come off, so that has to make him doubtful for the UEFA Cup trip to Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday.

"James Milner took a hefty blow to his hip, though I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it for Thursday.

"And Charles N'Zogbia took a nasty blow to his shinbone which might clear up over the next three or four days.

"Those injuries, and the ones that Craig and Duffer picked up last week, are the downsides to what has been an otherwise excellent week for us.

"The biggest concern at the moment is keeping enough players fit. There won't be another Premiership squad operating with just 10 or 11 players."

Roeder must take a lot of the blame for us being paper thin.

He either didn't do enough to get people in by his dithering or he allowed Shepherd to walk all over him, I don't know which it is but I'm sure it's one of the two, either way he's got to take a lot of the blame.

One thing I dont think many noticed by the way was a short quote (in the Chronicle I think) which said that Duff had to have an operation and will be out for weeks.

Duff will not be missed, 5 million down the drain which could have been spent where we needed it rather than just because he appeared to be a bargain.

Think you, and many more, are giving up on Duff too early.

he's only being very safe tbh, it gives him more of an excuse to play a youth team in Germany. Not that he really needs one. As long as we play a team that can get a draw i'm happy, i'm expecting Luque, Huntington & Carroll to start.

Duff will not be missed, 5 million down the drain which could have been spent where we needed it rather than just because he appeared to be a bargain.

Think you, and many more, are giving up on Duff too early.

Ironic considering your stance on Milner.