***The Official Antoine Sibierski appreciation thread***

Dokko

:thup:

I know Dyer is looking sharp & Butt has finally decided to be a footballer again, but Antoine Sibierski has easily been as effective as anyone else on the pitch when he plays.

He doing a great job upfront, and the aerial presence gives us not just something to aim at, but more balance upfront as well.

His work rate is good, his head never drops, he has control and good movement which is something Ameobi really needs to learn off him, and he knows how best to use his physical abilities on defenders.

I know lots of people think you don't need a classic target-man in todays football, well i think your very much mistaken. Although not a classic himself, he's showing that we physically should of replaced Shearer, and not buy another Owen.

Easily the surprise of the season, i honestly thought GR had lost it and it was a panic buy, it might of been, only in his panic we've got a decent option upfront.

Well done Sibby the underdog, your doing a fine job and we appreciate it.

I know Dyer is looking sharp & Butt has finally decided to be a footballer again, but Antoine Sibierski has easily been as effective as anyone else on the pitch when he plays.

He doing a great job upfront, and the aerial presence gives us not just something to aim at, but more balance upfront as well.

His work rate is good, his head never drops, he has control and good movement which is something Ameobi really needs to learn off him, and he knows how best to use his physical abilities on defenders.

I know lots of people think you don't need a classic target-man in todays football, well i think your very much mistaken. Although not a classic himself, he's showing that we physically should of replaced Shearer, and not buy another Owen.

Easily the surprise of the season, i honestly thought GR had lost it and it was a panic buy, it might of been, only in his panic we've got a decent option upfront.

Sibierski had to be a panic buy/free, his impact doesn't change that.

I was hugely disappointed when he was our major transfer deadline day signing,didn't think he was good enough for us but credit to him ,he always gives 100%,scored some important goals ,never heard him whinging to the press when not selected just keeps making it harder for Roeder to drop him each week.An excellent professional is Sibierski and he's turned my opinion of him around. :thup:

Sibierski had to be a panic buy/free, his impact doesn't change that.

Well, so what, he's proved you wrong all season.  Not sure if you can read proper, but the title of the thread is:

Now, back to the subject at hand.  Well fucking done, Sibby!

I absolutely hated his buy and thought he'd be the shittest purchase we've made in years but I've gladly been proven wrong. When he comes in, he does a job. He holds up the ball, he adds height to the team and scored 4 goals in 6 games. Definately a decent purchase, heres to him getting more games  :thup:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He is scoring goals and fights for the cause, don't see articles in the paper from him whinging when he has not played or been put on the bencn, I hope we extend his contract.  :thup: :thup:

Guest Gemmill

He's not very good, but he works hard and at the minute he keeps scoring.  That's about it really.  No point wetting your kegs about him tbh.

Well, so what, he's proved you wrong all season.  Not sure if you can read proper, but the title of the thread is:

Now, back to the subject at hand.  Well ****ing done, Sibby!

I can read properly, I read the bit where it mentioned panic buy and responded, did you miss that bit?

Just beacuse the thread title says one thing doesn't mean everybody has to agree although I wouldn't fault the way Sibierski has scored important goals for us and has given 100%.

Sibierski lacks one of the most important assets of a forward, pace.  On Thursday we played some brilliant balls to him but he got nowhere near them because he's too slow.

Guest toongimp

The guy is great. Turned out to be our best signing in terms of goal scoring. Big up for Reoder on bringing in on the 11th hour.