Our away support

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

The last five years or so, I've really noticed the increase in loutish behaviour by our away crowds. It's mainly (but nor exclusively) a youthful group of 16-25 year olds who are seemingly more interested in getting as pissed as possible than the football. Now and again, the proper old crowd rears it's head and it's great- Everton last year was a great examples of a cracking NUFC away crowd. More often than not though, it's becoming filled with obnoxious scumbags.

In recent years I've witnessed racist sing alongs and far right chanting- an example was actually an older mob getting on the train on a trip to Villa and subjecting families to racist bile for 2 hours to the extent that the train company actually publically apologised over the PA system. Drug use rears it's head too, seen numerous cases of people doing coke at the match. Regularly home facilities are trashed with the toilets last year at Sunderland completely trashed and people wilfully pissing on the floor and in sinks. They don't do it at SJP so why act the arsehole in other grounds? Then there's just people completely paralysed with drink. I love a good pint or six but for fucks sake, I you can't handle your ale, don't subject others to your embarrassing behaviour.

I love the away trips and have been going for nearly 20 years on the road but the arsehole contingent are beginning to sour the experience. Last night was another example, some folk really need to get a fucking grip.

I like away games. They're fun. And i don't get pissed before them, because i like to actually be able to see and tell whats happening on the pitch.

I like to get pissed because the match is almost always shit and it means I can enjoy myself. :snod:

Guest BooBoo

Another example- at Anfield a few years ago. A group of lads get off their coach, see a young lass on her own with a Liverpool top on and subject her to a rousing rendition of "In your Liverpool slums!"

Cretins.

Good points youve made and you have alot of experience going to away games ,i travelled extensivly in the 80's when hooliganism was more widespread but there was nothing ever really bad in my travels.I thought Toon fans were above that tbh and it sickens me to here this type of behavoir at Darlo and embarrassing for the majority of sensible fans who support there team and have a good day out ,a bad day for Newcastle United football club .

p.s i would get pissed up but im not violent by nature

Crowd tends to be pretty good away from home, you have a certain element who are mongs but they're also at SJP - just drowned out in a sea of middle-aged folk who are beyond that.

These are also the most-vociferous Ashley haters. Not that intellectual ability and criticism of the club's owner are in any way linked.

Agree on all your post Otter.

Sadly, its probably to do with films such as Green Street, The football factory etc in the last 10 years. It as though its a fancy dress sometimes, people coming as Danny Dyer.

It has got a bit more nastier recently , some say its down to the recession, who knows? 

Guest neesy111

Crowd tends to be pretty good away from home, you have a certain element who are mongs but they're also at SJP - just drowned out in a sea of middle-aged folk who are beyond that.

These are also the most-vociferous Ashley haters. Not that intellectual ability and criticism of the club's owner are in any way linked.

For once I agree 100% with Stu.

S'easier to get tickets to watch us away these days is it not? Probably has a large bearing on things. Idiots will be idiots so unless they start getting banned there isn't too much that can be done.

It's worrying to think that the next generation of young travelling away fans might be looking up to some of the 16-25 pricks who get off their lips and act up. Hopefully, they'll learn with age how to represent the club around the country in an appropriate manner.

Agree with Otter completely. Everyone loves a drink, everyone loves a skinful. People just need to respect the rest of our travelling support, and also the home fans. Yes, that even means the mackems. The chants and piss-taking from both sides are fair game and a great laugh, but there's a line that should never be crossed. A lot of genuinely alright away fans have probably put a toe over it; sadly too many take a running fucking jump.

don't mind the older support for the away games but the young ones are generally a pain in the co**, can't take their drink and always looking for a stupid way to show off in front of their mates. doesn't apply to all of em' thank god....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There's really nothing worse than neesy agreeing with a decent post. It instantly makes it look pathetic :(

Guest neesy111

There's really nothing worse than neesy agreeing with a decent post. It instantly makes it look pathetic :(

Thanks. :thup:

I've never seen as many drunken teenagers as last night at an away game, it was ten times worse than ever before. Thats because it was general sale £10 from the off, buy up to 12 tickets. Cheap train tickets as well.

I bumped into a couple of younger lads I used to know, 6 or 7 of them and none of them were actually season ticket holders.

It's similar in our cup games at St. James, the corner just fills with p*ssed bairns.

:lol: cheers :lol:

A lot has to do with the nob heads who buy the drink for the young charvas. Coming home from

Arsenal last year when the train broke down n we had to cram into another one was fucking embarrassing. Some daft 30 odd year old plying 14 year olds with drink abusing 2 trains. And the 14 year olds were abusive as well.......don't think the family returning to Pborough with a teenage daughter will be going for a day trip to London when we next go down.

Everyone likes good humoured banter but ffs

Some of the wanabe hooligans in the caps at the front last night, thinking they were policing it all were also embarrassing.

Last night was probably the first time I can think of it getting out of hand. Other than that it has been icolated incidents like that tool getting his cock out and jumping on the tables at Forest. Don't think generally its any worse than anyone else though.

Guest samjack

I like away games. They're fun. And i don't get p*ssed before them, because i like to actually be able to see and tell whats happening on the pitch.

I like to get p*ssed because the match is almost always s*** and it means I can enjoy myself. :snod:

Why not stay away & do summit you actually enjoy doing then ??  Playing out on your skate board maybe .....