Google+ - PM your email for invite.

Decky

My profile was already filled out for me so there must have been something there before it? Seems alright like, but I got bored after 10 minutes because ive only 3 friends on it :lol:

I am. I can't see why people would migrate en mass as of yet. It has no unique selling point worthy of note.

I wish it had come first mind you.

That's a very good way of putting it. It's good and slick, but most people will be so much more used to facebook and its workings that it will take a very long time for G+ to build a significant userbase if ever.

I kind of like it as a means of communicating with a small group of close friends. It's very clean and efficient and I like all the functionality.. It's just that the people aren't there yet. Wish I could just forcibly transplant everyone.

One of my mates works at Google and got us a bunch of invites early on, which let us use it as a pointlessly exclusive version of Facebook.

I am. I can't see why people would migrate en mass as of yet. It has no unique selling point worthy of note.

I wish it had come first mind you.

:nods:

Like I said in the Android-thread, Android is their only way of making this a success. Find a way to build it into the interface of Ice Cream Sandwich, make everyone who buys or have an Android phone get integrated with this and you stand a chance.

The other day, Google announced that they've got 500 000 Android activations every day, increasing by 100k every month, if they keep that momentum up and get them all to migrate to G+, then I can see it becoming a viable option. It will take something special mind, and obviously the site needs to improve and it needs to be available (and preferably better than fb) on iOS as well.

The circles thing is pretty nifty. It'll take off when enough people are on it. I've got like 10 friends on so it obviously pales in comparison to facebook, but this circles thing is something that is pretty unique.

You expect people to get bored of staying connected with their friends? (and anonymously snooping on their shit). These social networking sites are here to stay. They're going absolutely nowhere.

I'd have lost contact with loads of people if we didn't use Facebook, tbh. Was never very good at the whole texting/long emails/arranging regular nights out sort of thing.

Guest neesy111

Amazing how people critcise the whole social networking stuff, people like being connected and social networks bring people together in amazing ways.

Yup.

People get blinded by the amount of shite that Facebook *can* throw at you.

It's just a case of setting it up correctly and it's a perfectly enjoyable, and very useful site :thup: