My Video Commentaries from Libya

Vinny Green Balls

If any of you are interested, I've been posting the mini reports/commentaries I took while in Libya.  Keep in mind that I can only articulate on what I saw.  Doesn't mean it's gospel.  Anyway, take a look and get an idea what it was like while I was there.  I will be putting two reports up a week.  Here are the first three (the 3rd one is particularly interesting, as it is on the car bombing that I witnessed.  They are each very short.

Report 1: Arrival                         

Report 2: El Fadeel Hotel           

Report 3: Car Bombing               

Not at all.  The residents of Benghazi want the world to see the terror wrought upon them for the last 42 years.  Apart from being approached by the Gaddafi mole, people treated me as if I was a hero of Libya, just for being there and attempting to report what I saw (rather than some paranoid fever dream propaganda of empire).

All my buddies with me were Libyan, so I suppose that I was the only non-Libyan there.  Media didn't arrive for another 30 minutes.

The really stupid thing about the whole thing: while running toward the explosion, I was thinking that it was likely that there was a 2nd bomb there ready to go off when enough people showed up.  In the back of my head was a voice telling me what an idiot I was for going there.  And that voice was right.  Easy to get caught up in the whole thing, and play a bit of brinksmanship with your life.