NFL Season 2011 (Redskins trade for #2 pick, Manning sweepstakes in full swing)

Shak

Problem Lockout?

:troll:

Anyway, from what I've been reading it seems like the two sides have agreed a deal, all the major issues have been sorted and it's just a case of the lawyers drafting up a satisfactory contract for both sides and the two sides officially agreeing to the terms.

The new CBA sounds great from what I'm hearing btw. The insane contracts that high draftees were getting will be a thing of the past with a set criteria for each draft pick depending on where they are selected and what position they play, and teams are now going to be obligated to spend at least 90% of the salary cap each year so they can't try and do things on the cheap. Should help the whole parity thing no end. There are a few things that don't sound great too, obviously, but for the most part it sounds good.

What's going to be a lot of fun is that training camps are probably going to start almost immediately, and there are going to be a massive number of free agents who'll be trying to find a new team. Basically there's going to be 48 hours of absolute mayhem as teams try to make trades and sign free agents and draft picks as soon as the agreement is ratified. :lol:

And there's also the small matter of a title that I have to defend...  :pow:

Someone will sign him I'd imagine, high character guy who looked at one time like he might have been on course to be a star in the NFL.

Probably a Practice Squad guy as a rookie.

Why the interest like?

Hmmm... massive, talented superstar footballer player or short, puny English guy who has horrible taste in most things...

Your girlfriend isn't fictitious by any chance is she Dan? :lol:

BRING IT ON!

By the way, I'm talking in terms of Fantasy Football. New coach, new system, and only two months to learn, 49ers are out of play-off contention already, along with the Bills of course.

BRING IT ON!

By the way, I'm talking in terms of Fantasy Football. New coach, new system, and only two months to learn, 49ers are out of play-off contention already, along with the Bills of course.

Ahem...

Aren't you forgetting someone?

*clears throat*

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232014125_278_46c92dd04271a.gif

*clears throat*

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Who do you think you'll take with the 1st pick in the Draft?

5 times Mike, 5 times. I can talk s*** to fans of most teams aside from the Steelers and Cowboys.

Amusing to think if Craig didn't fumble in 1990 you'd have been spared the agony of wide right, because we'd have just dicked you in the Superbowl.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

THIS OUR YEAR CLEVELAND! THIS IS OUR YEAR WE DO NOT HAVE A LOSING SEASON! COME ON THE LOCKOUT!  :celb:

*clears throat*

Buffa-who?!

Got me a teenage student who is moving to the US in a few weeks time.

Moving to a town in Wisconsin, so rather than work on grammar I've spent the last two months teaching him about American football. Have him trained as a Packers fan...

Only just yesterday hit me that he's going to have so much more fun than me watching the NFL this year. :lol:

Apparently there's a real chance this will all collapse at the last minute.

Owners have ratified a deal, some players reps are now saying that the owners have snuck a couple of things that weren't agreed upon into the deal. Players to vote in the next 24 hours, if they reject the season could be in real jeopardy.

Shouldn't have started this thread. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Apparently there's a real chance this will all collapse at the last minute.

Owners have ratified a deal, some players reps are now saying that the owners have snuck a couple of things that weren't agreed upon into the deal. Players to vote in the next 24 hours, if they reject the season could be in real jeopardy.

Shouldn't have started this thread. :lol:

Thought you had known something no one else did for a moment, when you started this thread.  :lol:

Right, the lockout, for all intensive purposes, looks to be over. When we getting this Fantasy league started? Espn again? Auction draft? I promise I'll show up on time this time :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Cleveland won't have time to stop sucking!