Car Auctions

Dokko

Anyone had any recent experience at them, did you buy, how did the car end up?

Went last Tuesday, was great to get there and soak up the atmosphere, totally flies by, going back tomorrow for a more serious viewing, if something stands out we could be buying, though unlikely.

Were looking at sub £1k Mark, which in a garage doesn't get you much, while offering very little in comeback if something went wrong (like the auction) so think it might be worth taking a risk at this price point.

4 decent Golfs are going through the morra, and this is the car I want for my 1st runaround.

Example of cars that went through last Tuesday:

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 diesel warranted 100k....£950

2000 Clio 1.2  100k warranted £350

2001 Focus 2.0 Zetec 110k warranted £400

2002 Punto 1.2 70k warranted £425

2003 Passat 2.0 130SE 57k warranted £1100

Wonder how they ended up for their new owners  :lol:

Ooooh where is this being held?

You can cunt-off if you are thinking about a golf  :lol:

It's up near Benton Asda. Every tuesday and Friday. You can auction online as well, but getting an account is hard fuking work.

You can c***-off if you are thinking about a golf   :lol:

It's up near Benton Asda. Every tuesday and Friday. You can auction online as well, but getting an account is hard fuking work.

:troll:

Seriously could you imagine?  You'd hate me on this forever :lol:

You can c***-off if you are thinking about a golf   :lol:

:troll:

Seriously could you imagine?  You'd hate me on this forever :lol:

I'd just cross my fingers the engine fell out on the way home.  :lol:

What year on the almera?

There was A land rover range rover 4.4 v8 2003 that went for £9500, most expensive of the day

amera is an X - im looking for something like a disco- 03-05ish.

Do many people attend these auctions?

And are the prices generally as good as the ones you've posted?

Nervous to buy a car from there though in case it has a previous owner like this one

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/5735384155_3bce2050c0.jpg

What year on the almera?

There was A land rover range rover 4.4 v8 2003 that went for £9500, most expensive of the day

Y reg 2001 almera 1.5 90k warranted went through for £275.  Actually quite like the almera.

X reg 2000 almera 1.5 25k warranted went for £375.

Nervous to buy a car from there though in case it has a previous owner like this one

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/5735384155_3bce2050c0.jpg

Aye, especially at lower end, they are mainly part exs that showrooms don't have the show court space to sell, not at that price anyway, so shift them straight off to the auction. In most cases the cars are these types. Bristol street, pendragon, prestige select make up 80% of cars.

i bought a golf gti there for 3k in '92. it was stolen and steering was fked about 6 months later, VAG wouldnt take it in cos they said the id plates didnt match thre car. mare.

they are far more reliable nowadays i believe- even have fault reports on the windscreens. im taking a diesel engineer with me - later in year.

What year on the almera?

Also go to the British car auction site, register, just general reg details no cards or anything, and you can see what's coming up in the next several auctions.

We do that print out the list, Mark which ones stand out, go around the hanger and see the condition and price them when they go through, still got the list from last time and what I'm checking for these cars.

i bought a golf gti there for 3k in '92. it was stolen and steering was fked about 6 months later, VAG wouldnt take it in cos they said the id plates didnt match thre car. mare.

they are far more reliable nowadays i believe- even have fault reports on the windscreens. im taking a diesel engineer with me - later in year.

Aye, deffo took a step in the right direction. Cars are insured against theft, if it is stolen they will refund your money within the first 7 days or something like that.

I'm basically going off the cars sound, it's body conditions and if smoke comes out the back, and if no one is bidding on it  :lol:

Aye, deffo took a step in the right direction. Cars are insured against theft, if it is stolen they will refund your money within the first 7 days or something like that.

I'm basically going off the cars sound, it's body conditions and if smoke comes out the back, and if no one is bidding on it  :lol:

if you go regular you can spot the traders, and link them to thier forecourts. If they are sniffing round something and bidding on it- its looking ok ish. I saw one buy an espace and i saw it on the forecourt near foxhunters the next day - hadnt even been washed- hed upped it 2 grand.

if you go regular you can spot the traders, and link them to thier forecourts. If they are sniffing round something and bidding on it- its looking ok ish. I saw one buy an espace and i saw it on the forecourt near foxhunters the next day - hadnt even been washed- hed upped it 2 grand.

Yeah spotted the traders quite early on, best to go have a cuppa in the cafe and listen to their patter. One guy was bidding on the majority of the cars I was wanting, so got him clocked for next time, will hopefully be up against him but should win once it starts eating in to his profit margin. If he's not bidding, I'm not either.

Not sure if this will upload using me iPad, but giving it a go.

http://www.bcaimage.com/GetDoc.aspx?default=4&DocType=VehicleImage&docId=18679424&width=500

1.6 SE 16v 65000 warranted miles. MOT TILL 7/12

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate buys cars and vans from auctions and advised me never to buy one from an auction unless I was doing so to then sell it on for a profit or unless I was mechanically minded. Most if not all have some kind of negative history. I've been to one or two though and they are great and a lot of cars do seem real value for money.

My mate buys cars and vans from auctions and advised me never to buy one from an auction unless I was doing so to then sell it on for a profit or unless I was mechanically minded. Most if not all have some kind of negative history. I've been to one or two though and they are great and a lot of cars do seem real value for money.

That's always the risk, but the cars I'm looking at are genuine part-exs, mainly from main dealers and were on the road not so long ago. Basically as I see it a genuine reason for sale at auction. I'd be worried £2k+ cars like that should be easy to sell on their own.

Problem is private selling is just as risky, only you would get a test drive, but the car is usually in a sell state, all tricks to make sure it's working, warmed up beforevyou get there etc...while you get no comeback, sold as seen just like auction and usually 2 to 3 times the price at auction.

Going for a court sale at this level means you get even less for your money, and you are most likely buying a car you missed out on at auction last week or so. Almost the same amount of comeback, rare as rocking horse shit you'll get a refund or parts from one of these places.

I'm not saying the auctions are safe, course it's a risk, but at this price, and with a long MOT it's a risk probably worth taking IMO.

That's always the risk, but the cars I'm looking at are genuine part-exs, mainly from main dealers and were on the road not so long ago. Basically as I see it a genuine reason for sale at auction. I'd be worried £2k+ cars like that should be easy to sell on their own.

Problem is private selling is just as risky, only you would get a test drive, but the car is usually in a sell state, all tricks to make sure it's working, warmed up beforevyou get there etc...while you get no comeback, sold as seen just like auction and usually 2 to 3 times the price at auction.

Going for a court sale at this level means you get even less for your money, and you are most likely buying a car you missed out on at auction last week or so. Almost the same amount of comeback, rare as rocking horse shit you'll get a refund or parts from one of these places.

I'm not saying the auctions are safe, course it's a risk, but at this price, and with a long MOT it's a risk probably worth taking IMO.

its true- best buys are from family members who bought the car new, so you know where its been.