Gyms in Newcastle/Gateshead

Felling Mag

Think the one at Blaydon Rugby club is 20 quid a month, but with no minimum contract, you can join for a month if you want. Or spam all the posh ones for a few trial passes.

Eldon Leisure.

This is my likely destination.....any idea how much it is?

Also does City Pool have a Gym?

Me and mrs gimp have a join membership, 34 quid a month for both of us.  Im not sure how much it as on a pay-as-you-use basis but i can find out.

With Eldon Leisure , you also get the use of other city gyms and pools.

Has the one at the top of Eldon Square been properly refurbished?

I used to go there back in 2005 when living in town; was very practical but they moved everything into the gymnasium at one point.

Has the one at the top of Eldon Square been properly refurbished?

I used to go there back in 2005 when living in town; was very practical but they moved everything into the gymnasium at one point.

yeah its all been done out mate, new gym split between two rooms, new spinning room, new gymnasium with new floor for 5-a-side and a few other things i've not checked out.

My only complaints are the music in the gym is really loud sometimes, when theres no need.

Guest neesy111

Northumbria University accepts public members to its new sports complex, looks a little pricey but you get shit loads of extra stuff to use.

I have no idea what it's like but www.body-zone.org.uk by WHQ is cheapish IIRC.

I go here, £16 a month and a one-off £30 joining fee. That includes all the classes too, albeit I've never done any of them. I go like 5 times a week and it's great as far as I'm concerned.

Guest neesy111

I have no idea what it's like but www.body-zone.org.uk by WHQ is cheapish IIRC.

I go here, £16 a month and a one-off £30 joining fee. That includes all the classes too, albeit I've never done any of them. I go like 5 times a week and it's great as far as I'm concerned.

That's excellent.  I was once quoted £80 quid for David Lloyd gym once, told them where to go.

Always a good fanny catch as well with it being in the city centre.

Took your advice and got a months membership here.....i agree about the fanny too. Very motivational.

Do you know what times/days are best to avoid the crowds?

Took your advice and got a months membership here.....i agree about the fanny too. Very motivational.

When did you join?

Well, i go after work.  I get there about 16:45 - 1700 ish.  Can get busy but recently its been easy to get on the machines.

Sat and sun mornings are canny.

When did you join?

Well, i go after work.  I get there about 16:45 - 1700 ish.  Can get busy but recently its been easy to get on the machines.

Yesterday evening....Cheers for the advice. It seemed to get a lot quieter around 6.30/7.00 yesterday, i'll probably aim for then.

When did you join?

Yesterday evening....Cheers for the advice. It seemed to get a lot quieter around 6.30/7.00 yesterday, i'll probably aim for then.

Likewise. City Pool facilities are shite, but they do the trick and you can avoid the tanks. Lack of fanny like.