The Clubs Wage Cap.. Good or Bad

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we all agree footballers wages have became ludicrous but is our clubs wage cap a good thing?

Does it make it harder to sign quality players, then does it make it harder to keep our players.

Is a high wage bill really club killing?

I think we all agree footballers wages have became ludicrous but is our clubs wage cap a good thing?

Does it make it harder to sign quality players, then does it make it harder to keep our players.

Is a high wage bill really club killing?

Yes, yes, and yes.

I think we'll only know the real answer to this in a year or two. Villa and Liverpool have been spending like crazy for a few years but Villa are now selling to buy, and Liverpool were up shit creek if the previous owners hadn't taken the fall for their recklessness. There has to be a wage structure in place, what might be questioned is whether we have set it too low.

Does it make it harder to sign quality players

Its not the wage cap thats stopping us signing good players/creating a decent squad, its Ashleys reluctance to spend any money on transfer fees.

Spurs have a pretty strict wage cap IIRC and they can still knock on the door for Europe & bring in top quality players to sell on for profit.

Isn't there an option for "should be lower".

The only caveat is that I think clubs that are making a profit should be exempt from the cap. The only reason for it is to stop clubs putting their future at risk for short-term success.

If clubs are profitable then I don't see a problem with paying players whatever the market demands.

Also, it would have to be at least Europe-wide, if not global.

It is fine for new signings but when someone performs for us we have to be prepared to go the extra yard and keep them.

I don't get it, people are never satisfied. This one thing Ashley has done is maybe the only thing I support. It's one of the few good things. The club can't run on borrowed money. So we have to get the wage down. Barton had/has a massive wage we can't afford if we want decent players all over the pitch and in debt. It's just not possible. Do you guys think he's worth 1.5 of ben arfa, or Ba, Cabaye or any of our new top earners?

Guest Mantis

I don't get it, people are never satisfied. This one thing Ashley has done is maybe the only thing I support. It's one of the few good things. The club can't run on borrowed money. So we have to get the wage down. Barton had/has a massive wage we can't afford if we want decent players all over the pitch and in debt. It's just not possible. Do you guys think he's worth 1.5 of ben arfa, or Ba, Cabaye or any of our new top earners?

Haven't got a fucking clue about Ba or Cabeye but Cab is going to have to pull his balls out the way he is being talked up by some. Suggestions he's going to be better than Nolan are going to be interesting when we check our goal count from midfield.

Good if managed correctly. A quality side, and quality finances should see an increase in the wage cap in my opinion. E.g. A champions league side could have £120,000 whereas a top ten side could have like £60,000.