Euclideon - Next Step in Gaming Visuals?

Willow

You can't really deny that a higher level graphic engine would make a game more enjoyable though, can you? At least not as massive a step as this seems to be.  ???

I'm all for improving visuals if they can. Don't see why anyone would be opposed to it :undecided:

Gameplay will always be the most important factor but nothing wrong with eye candy.

I'm all for improving visuals if they can. Don't see why anyone would be opposed to it :undecided:

Gameplay will always be the most important factor but nothing wrong with eye candy.

No one is opposed to it, but these graphics engine pissing contests just shows how far games have gone from potential artistic ventures, to full on business endeavors. The games themselves have just become demonstrations on the latest shit hot engine. Who cares if it's playable, bug free, or...good? "Look at the water!"

Fuck that.

Nah, I don't care that it's built on a new engine. I want it to be an entertaining game. If the improved graphics contribute to the sense of immersion, they serve a purpose. If the game itself exists solely as an advertisement for some new engine, it's a piece of shit.

So there's 'shit' games that are being built to advertise these new engines and you don't know what they are?

Or I've completely missed the point of what it is you're annoyed about.

:lol: No, I don't know the specific names of engines and the games that have used them. I have no reason to know that shit.

All I have is opinions built on anecdotal evidence. You wanted names. I'd be happy to give names of shit games that came out on the back of some new "amazing" graphics advancement if I knew where to look.

:lol: You're just a cantankerous old git mate.

Anyway I've just realised who is narrating the video

http://thebaggysofa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/APPRENTICE-2011-MELODY.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ah, the infinite polygon engine rears its head again.  Bollocks more like.

Yeah, I had a feeling this had been around before, seemed very familiar.

How about we let Notch and John Carmack chime in on this :lol:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8386977075/its-a-scam

They’re hyping this as something new and revolutionary because they want funding. It’s a scam. Don’t get excited.

https://twitter.com/#!/ID_AA_Carmack/status/98127398683422720

Re Euclideon, no chance of a game on current gen systems, but maybe several years from now. Production issues will be challenging.

We've prolly been :troll:'d