Formula 1 2011

Guest Rob 1988

Think I might have a piece of this.

The horror storys put me off it last year but they will have surely sorted them out for 2011.. they wouldn't dare make the same mistakes.

Even if it's just a slightly improved version of the last one then I'm buying.

This

Single player is too much of a drag though i got as far as Monaco and gave up.

MP is where the fun is at espically with a lobby with people who know how to use their brakes on the first corner.

Even if it's just a slightly improved version of the last one then I'm buying.

This

Single player is too much of a drag though i got as far as Monaco and gave up.

MP is where the fun is at espically with a lobby with people who know how to use their brakes on the first corner.

Disagree, single player is where its at. I'm getting this for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8/10 on EG

It's a familiarity that ultimately stops F1 2011 from ascending to the heights of the genre. Strip away the new lick of paint and it's tough to tell F1 2011 apart from its predecessor, and though it's certainly tighter, smarter and more technically accomplished, some of the old faults remain. A marginally better outing than last year, then, and that's enough to ensure that, as F1 games go, this is still quite comfortably the best.

Anyone got yet?  Really enjoying so far.  Handling is a bitch to master at first, but pretty rewarding when you get it sorted.  KERS and DRS are a quality addition,  gives an extra dimension to the game.  Can get quite fiddly when you want to open your wing, deploy KERS and try and keep the car on the track at the same time,  have already hit many a wall because of it.

Got brave enough to start a career mode just now.  3rd corner in Australia, managed to cause a massive pile up.  Safety car deployed,  quickly followed by a red flag due to about 4 cars being jammed.  Whoops.  Nice that the CPU has the intelligence to move out of the way now if being lapped,  or if you're on a qualifying hot lap.  And the game doesnt seem to be quite so anal about giving you penalties for the smallest shunts you have no control over...

I'm sure I'll find some faults soon,  but so far, so good.