Right Projectors

Belfast Boy

Anyone heard of this company www.rightprojectors.co.uk based in Co Durham?

I bought a technics projector package off them at a too good to be true price and what do you know it broke within a fortnight. They agreed to a full refund but now that I have sent it back they have apparently gone into administration. Anyone know if I am entitled to claim anything off my credit card as I actually received the goods I bought on it, but am due a refund for items sent back.

Oh I know Dave, I am fully aware I have been stupid to fall for their last day offer. To be fair the projector worked quite well at first. Doubts came when they said they had none left in stock and would give me refund, despite still advertising the 'last day' offer at the time on their website. They seem to have been wound up now (although will no doubt start up again under a different name) but I was looking more for info on who I may be able to get money back through. I doubt my credit card will pay anything, seeing as I received the goods I bought on it. And if football clubs going into administration has taught us anything, it is that creditors get a very small percentage of what they were due. :(

How much was that to good a price ? Just it needs to be more than £100 to make a claim on your CC. But basically under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, customers who have a claim against a supplier for breach of contract or misrepresentation will generally have an equal claim against the card issuer. So you could still make the claim.

Oh I paid near £300 initially for the package, but only returned the projector itself which they said they would refund £149.99 for. My worry is they haven't really breached my contract. They have simply went into administration inbetween me posting it back and receiving a refund.

The goods only lasted two weeks therefore you are covered as it did not last what is classed as a reasonable length of time. Also before 4 weeks you are seen to have not having 'accepted' the goods. After 4 weeks a company can offer to repair or exchange or part refund. If you explain to your CC company they should provide the same refund you were expecting.

Had a good chat with Consumers Direct today and got given very good advise on my legal rights and what to put in letters etc. It seems that the way to go about is write them a letter giving them reasonable time to pay (2 weeks or so) then when/if they don't respond I should be able to claim off my credit card.

I also phoned trading standards in Newcastle, and I had only mentioned that I was phoning about a company in Durham when they knew straight away who it would be.