Summer from Hell

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Probably NWOAT but sod it, just to document this ridiculous summer:

1. Club captain and top scorer Kevin Nolan sold to a Championship club.

2. Drunken buffoons charge the pitch at Darlington resulting in violence. Wide spread criticism. In game, Guthrie and Ferguson injured.

3. Players prohibited from entering US tour.

4. Players embark on gruelling tour and complain of heat wave conditions and trashing schedule.

5. Hatem Ben Arfa injured, out of August games at the least.

6. Joey Barton disillusioned with the club opens a Twitter account and criticises club amongst other nonsense. Barton given free transfer.

7. Jose Enrique criticises club on Twitter exposing "great deal" as simply an extension on same terms. On brink of move with no fit left back available.

8. Cheik Tiote in limbo as return from US halted by yet more visa issues.

9. Despite three early promising signings, a general struggle to recruit in key areas. Tedious and fruitless Erdinc pursuit.

10. Mooted deal for Tranquillo Barnetta, described as "ridiculous" by his apparent agent.

11. Target Neil Taylor, previously generally unheard of left back considers it a better bet to stay at Swansea.

12. Club makes controversial step of banning away tickets to non members.

What was it Billy Furious said? And they wonder why we drink.

Not been a great one really, has it? All the more disappointing after a positive start.

Defo not as worrying as the summer of 09 though - recently relegated, an owner wanting to sell and no bids, no investment in the team, tonked off the O's 6-0, no manager, etc. Really feared for the club back then.

Fuck, I've just slit my wrists, the blood is pouring out, but then I read the replies about us possibly beating Arsenal, shit man, wish I hadn't now, how do I make the blood stop :( Help

Been one of the worst summers in recent times like.

could still be one of the best if we get a couple of decent signings through the door.

If we sign a striker and a left back and my mood might get better....

Not been a great one really, has it? All the more disappointing after a positive start.

Defo not as worrying as the summer of 09 though - recently relegated, an owner wanting to sell and no bids, no investment in the team, tonked off the O's 6-0, no manager, etc. Really feared for the club back then.

6-1?

I agree with Neil. Some of these comments are absurd. We have had far worse summers than this.

We have gotten rid of Nolan who was useless except when scoring. We've gotten rid of Routledge who was on loan anyways. We've signed Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba.

Barton hasn't left yet and neither has Enrique. If those two leaves and we sign no cover then sure its not been a good one. But I think we're in a better position than last year no doubt. Time will tell though