The Life and Times of 'Entertaining' Mario Balotelli

Ketsbaia

I got your point. I just think Mancini would forgive the booking, for him having scored in a game like this. You make it sound like he's the only player to have ever got booked for lifting his shirt in celebration, all because of his character, we both know this is far from true.

I got your point. I just think Mancini would forgive the booking, for him having scored in a game like this. You make it sound like he's the only player to have ever got booked for lifting his shirt in celebration, all because of his character, we both know this is far from true.

To be fair, that's what you read into it. I never said that in actual fact.

It's a sublime goal, and I love his swagger and self-assuredness, I just think the yellow card is something he would have known was inevitable and that he should be looking to avoid it. As Dave has said in another thread, the goal celebrations rule is daft and needs abolishing, but whilst it exists you'd want your players to be wary of falling into that trap.

Gotta love the fact that he gets away with this sort of s*** because he's a multi-million pound footballer, whilst your average charva engaging in such antics would be up before the magistrates for arson, wasting police time, breach of the peace, whatever they could make stick...

You need a humour transplant.

you need a reality implant.

Jerk store would've smoked that guy.

:laugh:

Oh, George..

What a fucking liability. Scores a goal then, through his own egotistical impetuousness, gets booked. I'm sure Mancini will be delighted about that.

Brace in a derby. Liability.

Yeah, because that's what I said. :lol:

What a fucking liability. Scores a goal then, through his own egotistical impetuousness, gets booked. I'm sure Mancini will be delighted about that.

True.

Don't think a player should be called a liability for celebrating. The rule is an absolute farce anyway.

True.

Don't think a player should be called a liability for celebrating. The rule is an absolute farce anyway.

OK, I admit that the word "liability" was perhaps a bit strong, but from a man management point of view - at that particular point in the match - bearing in mind it was still 11 against 11 and at Old Trafford, I thought it could have come back to bite Cieh on the arse. Mind you, what the fuck do I know? That has to rank as one of the best second halves of football I have ever witnessed. :lol:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Don't know if this is true or not, but the bloke works PR for Umbro. Hope it is true.

chrisdolan Chris Dolan

I've just heard a Mario Balotelli story that betters Tesco & the fireworks...

chrisdolan Chris Dolan

OK, so his mum's over from Italy, asks the cleaner if she has everything she needs. Cleaner: "No, I need all the practical things - iron etc

chrisdolan Chris Dolan

Mario's mum: "Where can we go to buy these things? Write me a list and we'll go and buy it all" Cleaner: "John Lewis"

chrisdolan Chris Dolan

So Mario's ma sends him & his mates to John Lewis with a shopping list in hand...

chrisdolan Chris Dolan

Mario returns to the house 5 hrs later...empty-handed. Cleaner: "Er, where's the iron, iron-board etc?" Then a big John Lewis van arrives

chrisdolan Chris Dolan

van contains nothing from the shopping list bt the following 'practical items': - giant trampoline, Scalextric, 2 Vespas, table tennis set