What are your connections to professional football?

James

Used to go to school (same year and was reasonable mates) with Dave Walton (ex Shrewsbury, Crewe and Derby centre-back) Was once Crewe's record signing for £500000.  I also know Ray Hankin (ex Burnley and Leeds striker during the 1970's) through work.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We are apparently related to Kenny Wharton. My brother in law used to work at SJP in a top job. My lasses friend's cousin plays for Newcastle's academy side (under 18 I think), I've actually played with the lad and he's shit hot like so fingers crossed he'll make it. Went to school with Paul Brayson... and Ant from Ant and Dec.

Lad's name?

Guest Recoba

My grandad worked with Hughie Gallagher when he threw himself in front of a train.

My nana lived next door to Charlie Crowe.

I went to school the same first and middle school as Steven Taylor.

Won a blue ribbon in the soccer goal shooting competition at my hometown's primary school field day competition when I was in 4th grade. In the late '70s that was pretty much the American equivalent of playing professionally.

My nans friend (basically my grandad, but not related) played for West Ham same time as Bobby Moore.

My dad is close friends with a director at Hartlepool.

My uncle managed Hastings when they last got promoted, same year as AFC Wimbledon i believe, and he actually took over from Neville Southall lol.

Guest bimpy474

Played my whole youth football against Spencer Prior.

My son (age 8) is trained by Southend United Academy coaches, with a view to being accepted to it.

I like licking dirty balls.

Phillip Albert winked at me when i was 5 or 6 at an open training day. Asked Terry Mcdermott if he wanted a bite of my pie at said training session. Ball went out of play from the training session and i hoofed it back in and it hit Ginola on the back of the head.