Toon Army in Australia

TRC

• 2 weeks later...

Any Brisbane Mags going to the Pig on Saturday night? I'll make it along for the AFL / Newcastle double header I think.

Was thinking bout it, mates up from Sydney so if were not at Irish murphys we'll be at the pig

Just spent 4 days in Brisbane, and one more to go.  Watched the QPR game over lunch in one the restaurants just up from Pig and Whistle. Had a few beers in Irsh Murpheys and in Gilhooleys....had a few cultured beers in the Belgian Cafe and also in the Bavarian Beer Cafe on the river.

Not a bad town but a bit bland in the evenings....would hate to see what it's like a night when there was no rugby on.

Even met up with a mate from Sunderland who I used to work with in Cale Cross House....hadn't seen him in 20 years, but had to rib him about Gyan leaving.

Guest sydneycove

Anyone know anywhere in Melbourne that will show the Floyd Mayweather fight? Boxing is non existent over here

Crown is your best bet mate. Other than that try looking for a Phillipino club/RSL/pub those guys love boxing.

Guest sydneycove

Crown doesn't show boxing. For some ridiculous reason. Went down for the Khan fight the other month and they said they didnt show it.

What the f***. Useless fuckers.

Try sending an email to Mainevent they will tell you who has bought it in Melbourne.

Just spent 4 days in Brisbane, and one more to go.  Watched the QPR game over lunch in one the restaurants just up from Pig and Whistle. Had a few beers in Irsh Murpheys and in Gilhooleys....had a few cultured beers in the Belgian Cafe and also in the Bavarian Beer Cafe on the river.

Not a bad town but a bit bland in the evenings....would hate to see what it's like a night when there was no rugby on.

Even met up with a mate from Sunderland who I used to work with in Cale Cross House....hadn't seen him in 20 years, but had to rib him about Gyan leaving.

The Belgian Cafe has got to be one of the most overpriced bars anywhere. It's almost banks of the Seine prices for beer in there.

The Belgian Cafe has got to be one of the most overpriced bars anywhere. It's almost banks of the Seine prices for beer in there.

Company expense account.....

problem? 

:troll:

Guest sydneycove

Thinking about Brissie for a weekend. With the boys for my 24th, bad choice?

Not a bad choice, can have a pretty good night out in the Valley which is just out of the city centre.

Heard some dodgey stories about partying on the GC. Never had a problem up there though. Beach babes put out :D

BTW AFL thread.

You eaten at the Normanby? Not as swish as BBC or Riverside, but damn fine steaks there. Breaky Creek Hotel isn't bad, either.

Morrison is better than Normanby for me. 

I'm thinking about the Pig n Whistle on Saturday, have other plans earlier in the night so might not make it in though.

If I'm watching it I will be watching it down at The Sherlock Holmes on Collins, official supporters bar, although only 2 of us turned up for the Villa game although there were 5 of us in the place. Despite closing the bar at the end of the first half they let us watch the rest of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the standard of the A-League like?

Melbourne Victory have a good side this year and a good atmosphere at the match. 45 000 expected to this weekends match. Ill be

going to watch Perth Glory play Adelaide United with your boy shepdaddy.

Guest sydneycove

Whats the standard of the A-League like?

Average but improving. Very passionate though. Sadly not going to make it down to Melbourne to watch the big derby.