Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal - 13/8/11 - post match reaction from p33

Beren

I thought Gervinho tore Taylor a new one in the first half, went past him time and time again, Jonas had to double up in the end. I know it's not his natural position but still...

True, although I thought he coped surprisingly well with what was thrown at him in the 2nd half- however I am aware that Gervinho switched sides, but containing Walcott isn't an easy job. I'm not a fan of the guy but I thought he could've been much worse. Kept it simple.

I thought Gervinho tore Taylor a new one in the first half, went past him time and time again, Jonas had to double up in the end. I know it's not his natural position but still...

yep, had Gervinho been sharper and Arsenal more fluid in the box we'd be talking about how Raylor had cost us at least one goal. he was lucky, but he did get better as the game went on.

:thup:

Just got in. Decent debut to the Strawberry Corner, i'm sure it will grow over the next few months :thup: (I heard a steward on the way out saying 'there's too many of them, there's nowt we can do)

I am quite frankly embarassed that we used 4 strikers today and all of them were quite frankly dreadful.

Ba- Weak as p***

Ameobi- A year older and slower

Best-Slow

Lovenkrands- :facepalm:

I'm quite pleased with the midfield, Cabye looked good and i can see him and Tiote working very well together. Jonas is nothing without Enrique and i feel he has to start on the bench when Barfa comes back.

I would snap your hand off for a draw next week.

Sounds like you spent more time in The Strawberry than the corner. Best looked anything but slow.

Okay...

Slow off his feet, never near the play a striker in his position should be. What about the through ball halfway through the 3nd half he struggled to react to?

I'm not having any of this Shola s*** like, he was fed on scraps and won a decent amount of knocks ons and free kicks with little to no support. People just lay into him because it's Shola.

Piss off, man. He lost the ball time after time and was offside needlessly on about 4 occasions.

I'm not having any of this Shola shit like, he was fed on scraps and won a decent amount of knocks ons and free kicks with little to no support. People just lay into him because it's Shola.

It's because he's shit, not because he's Shola.

I'm not having any of this Shola s*** like, he was fed on scraps and won a decent amount of knocks ons and free kicks with little to no support. People just lay into him because it's Shola.

p*ss off, man. He lost the ball time after time and was offside needlessly on about 4 occasions.

Shola is crap and I completely agree on the offside point, but people are massively exaggerating how bad he was today.

Just got in. Decent debut to the Strawberry Corner, i'm sure it will grow over the next few months :thup: (I heard a steward on the way out saying 'there's too many of them, there's nowt we can do)

I am quite frankly embarassed that we used 4 strikers today and all of them were quite frankly dreadful.

Ba- Weak as p***

Ameobi- A year older and slower

Best-Slow

Lovenkrands- :facepalm:

I'm quite pleased with the midfield, Cabye looked good and i can see him and Tiote working very well together. Jonas is nothing without Enrique and i feel he has to start on the bench when Barfa comes back.

I would snap your hand off for a draw next week.

Sounds like you spent more time in The Strawberry than the corner. Best looked anything but slow.

Agreed, Best was the best of the 4 strikers we used.

Best of a bad bunch though. Not good enough, we've knew that we have needed a striker for over 8 months and Best is the best we can do?

Why all the negativity?

Take the positives

Krul looked very safe

Colo and Taylor look better every game

Raylor, to me, played steady. I was very worried before the start.

Cabaye and Tiote got better considering it was their first game. Tiote has had the last fortnight out the country

Joey showed the commitment and passion that we need. Imagine him not there

Guti had a very gecent 90 minutes.

I thought Shola worked his socks off. Supply was poor for all the frontmen. Very unfortunate how the whole ground sighs at any shola-esque issue. Tiote's distribution was worse in the first half. Shola is a confidence player. Local lad, 12 years of service. For f*** sake support him.

Would be far more worried if I was an Arsenal fan

Our pre-season has been crap, buts lots of hope after today.

Will only get better.

We arent as bad as lots seem to make out

Gervinho looks a good player when running at people but had no end product, 9/10 times gave the ball away afte taking on the fullback.

Red card for him and yellow for Barton was correct imo!

he has a lot of end product if you look at his past record. problem is he didnt seem integrated into the Arsenal way of playing just yet. Think he'll be a big asset for them this season. mind you getting a suspension from your first game is pretty awful