Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal - 13/8/11 - post match reaction from p33

Beren

I was pleased with a point. They were very dangerous on the break (how were we to know they never shoot?) and dominated possession so to get a point against a probable top 4 team isn't bad. We had a lot of new players bedding in compared to Arsenal who's only new player on the pitch was Gervinho.

Who got caught up in the sewage stream near the old box office after the game? , f***ing rank!

See the rat? Couldn't work out if it was real or fake. :lol:

A fucking rat?

I would have shit myself. No i just saw a stream of piss coloured water which i had to jump over.

Overall thoughts: You can tell we were a team with an unsettled pre-season. A lot of dis-jointed play and a couple looked off the pace but we battled well and though we deserved a point in the end. However our lack of forward options are dire, bringing Lovenkrands off the bench to try and nick you the game, christ.

Match Ratings:

Krul 6 - Barely put a foot wrong. Looked a bit roped from a few arial deliveries but his handling was decent.

Simpson 6 - Solid. Defensively though he did really well particularly when Gervinho switched flanks, dropped off well and didn't let a tricky winger get in behind.

Taylor 7 - Did really well and I'd love to give him an eight but there were two really brainless moments that could of cost us the game, namely the crap clearance which he smashed at Coloccini and the run to the half way line where he thought he was Pele reborn.

Coloccini 8 - Textbook Colo, cool and calm. He's an absolute classact, I might even cry when he leaves.

Taylor 5 - Unsprisingly struggled to deal with Gervinho, did better second half but not convincing at all.

Barton 6 - Mixed bag from Joey today. Some canny play along with some crap set pieces and poor passes.

Cabaye 6 - Got stuck in and kept things ticking over. In future he probably needs to push up the field a bit and support the forward play.

Tiote 7 - Did his job well. Got stuck in, broke things up and moved things on.

Jonas 6 - Not great going forward but grafted really well and protected Taylor pretty well for the most part.

Ba 4 - I really don't want to to lay into the lad due to missing large chunks of pre-season but he was completely off the pace and was rightly brought off. Still believe with more match time he'll bang them in on a regular basis.

Shola 7 - Thought he did really well up front on his own. Got stuck in, won knock downs, battled for free kicks. Fed on scraps with little to no support.

Obertan 7 - Thought he looked really bright when he came on. Quick, direct and a real threat.

Pardew 6 - Personally wouldn't of picked Ryan at left back and at times we put no where near enough pressure on Arsenal but he got his subs right and on the whole his starting line up was decent.

A side note: arsenal man, what a horrible bunch of dirty, diving bastards. Song has to be banned for that sickening effort on Barton.

Ryan taylor had a very good game at left back in my opinion, Never really got skinned and stuck to his task.

Ba was worse than Ameobi who was poor as well.

We looked more of a threat once Best was on as he actually works and shows a bit of movement which Ba and ameobi did not..

Overall ws a good result today, would easily have taken the draw before the match.

Felt Pardew got it right in terms of tactics today apart from up front. Team worked very hard and deserved the draw.

Krul (8)      looked very confident in goal, made an early flap at an early cross but look commmanding at came out very quickly.

Was very impressed by the Collo and Saylor parternship.

Collo(10)    was faultless, enough said.

Saylor(8)      make sime vital block and generally looked good, however had one big mistake giving the ball away dangerously in first half.

Raylor(5) was definatly the weak link, exposed by Gervinho early on, not a lb. Having said that he did make a couple of good takles and grew into the game as it went on

Simpson looked alright, at times outpased by Gervinho but didnt back of quite as much as usual.

The midfield worked hard, but first half were chasing the whole time with Arsenal having the extra man in there. However with Obertan coming on in the second half looked much more comfortable.

Cabaye(7) was quiet in first half but could see glimpses of quality in second when he had some space, especially later on when he was given a chance to push foward more.

Tiote(7) was excelent defensively but lapses of concentration meant he occasionally lost the ball with stupid passes.

Barton(7) looked very determined today, almost too much today, seemed like he occasionally tried too hard ending up out of positon / loosing the ball but genrall play was good

Gutierrez(8) impressed me today, although was quiet at times as he didnt create much today he really pretected Raylor today and brought the ball out of defence well at times releaving pressure.

The strikers in the first half just didnt work. I suppose the tired the Arsenal defence with the physicalness but created nothing.

Shola(6) tried hard and battled with the cb's but passing was terrible and had 0 chances.

Ba(5) didnt have much to go on at all, found it hard to make space and when he did had nowhere to go so mostly lost the ball.

Obertan(7) was really effective when coming on, his pace really opened up the defence but seemed to fade away later on, needs more time to progress.

Who got caught up in the sewage stream near the old box office after the game? , f***ing rank!

See the rat? Couldn't work out if it was real or fake. :lol:

A fucking rat?

I would have shit myself. No i just saw a stream of piss coloured water which i had to jump over.

There was too much to jump over. I picked my daughter up and carried her over it so consequently my trainers, socks and jeans are soaked with shitty water.

Just got in. Decent debut to the Strawberry Corner, i'm sure it will grow over the next few months :thup: (I heard a steward on the way out saying 'there's too many of them, there's nowt we can do)

I am quite frankly embarassed that we used 4 strikers today and all of them were quite frankly dreadful.

Ba- Weak as p***

Ameobi- A year older and slower

Best-Slow

Lovenkrands- :facepalm:

I'm quite pleased with the midfield, Cabye looked good and i can see him and Tiote working very well together. Jonas is nothing without Enrique and i feel he has to start on the bench when Barfa comes back.

I would snap your hand off for a draw next week.

Wenger is a despicable cunt, I genuinely can't convey how much I despise him. Bring on video refereeing and lets see how many suspensions you have over the course of the domestic season.

Just got in. Decent debut to the Strawberry Corner, i'm sure it will grow over the next few months :thup: (I heard a steward on the way out saying 'there's too many of them, there's nowt we can do)

I am quite frankly embarassed that we used 4 strikers today and all of them were quite frankly dreadful.

Ba- Weak as p***

Best-Slow

I'm quite pleased with the midfield, Cabye looked good and i can see him and Tiote working very well together. Jonas is nothing without Enrique and i feel he has to start on the bench when Barfa comes back.

Sounds like you spent more time in The Strawberry than the corner. Best looked anything but slow.

Ba- Weak as p***

Best-Slow

Sounds like you spent more time in The Strawberry than the corner. Best looked anything but slow.

Agreed, Best was the best of the 4 strikers we used.

Ba- Weak as p***

Best-Slow

Agree with all of that  :thup:

I thought Gervinho tore Taylor a new one in the first half, went past him time and time again, Jonas had to double up in the end. I know it's not his natural position but still...

yep, had Gervinho been sharper and Arsenal more fluid in the box we'd be talking about how Raylor had cost us at least one goal. he was lucky, but he did get better as the game went on.