Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal - 13/8/11 - post match reaction from p33

Beren

Saw nowt of the game. Well pleased with the result, good point that. Easy for me to say - having watched nothing and only skimmed through here - but we must have put in a reasonable performance to get a draw against Arsenal. Out of sorts they may well be, but they're still a tough side to nick a point off - any day of the week.

It's infuriating that we've got to factor in a laughable pre-season and a lack of money spent... as if they are things we couldn't help. Regardless of us making life hard for ourselves in the build-up to this game; all things considered - that's a good result.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights later. From what i've been told, there's nothing of Barton's antics i vehemently disagree with, so i'm keen to see what happened with my own eyes.

Saw nowt of the game. Well pleased with the result, good point that. Easy for me to say - having watched nothing and only skimmed through here - but we must have put in a reasonable performance to get a draw against Arsenal. Out of sorts they may well be, but they're still a tough side to nick a point off - any day of the week.

It's infuriating that we've got to factor in a laughable pre-season and a lack of money spent... as if they are things we couldn't help. Regardless of us making life hard for ourselves in the build-up to this game; all things considered - that's a good result.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights later. From what i've been told, there's nothing of Barton's antics i vehemently disagree with, so i'm keen to see what happened with my own eyes.

Well educated post considering you weren't there  :snod:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Over all view is that we were a bit slower than them and need to be sharper.

It is a top 6 side and we handled them well in defense but going forward we were poor and low on confidence.

Would like to have seen marveaux and vuckic played.

1st game of the season, well played. Unbeaten

Back from the game and would echo the view that it was a good point. Defended well with good shape but passing was generally poor and we were toothless, as were Arsenal really. Colo was the star whilst Saylor also played well. Krul looked like a No 1 keeper. Shola and Ba won't work. Oberton had a decent cameo. It's hard to benchmark the team against Arsenal.

It was pretty obvious this was a side that had just been put together with little to no understanding of each others games, dis-jointed to say the least. It will come with time and experience but it merely serves to highlight our pathetic pre-season.

Worth remembering that Arsenal had the best away record in the league last season. To keep a clean sheet and take a point is a good start to the season and something to build on. :)

Indeed, a good solid defensive performance which will probably be overlooked because of the general insanity surrounding Arsenal atm and the Barton incident

Worth remembering that Arsenal had the best away record in the league last season. To keep a clean sheet and take a point is a good start to the season and something to build on. :)

Abso-fruitly. Are Arsenal a bunch of mugs all of a sudden, now that we've scored five goals against them in a season and they've lost Fabregas and Nasri? No chance. They'll be in the Top 4 come the end of the season; of that i am certain.

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere

I think @joey7barton was in the wrong today! He should not have got invovled and assaulted Gerviniho like that #justsaying

17 minutes ago

assault? have u really seen Joey assault? U want to be at the end of one do you?

You'll love it :lol:

It's hilarious. Taylor's mediating intervention is particularly funny, before he starts to getting onlooking officials onside :lol:

I think @joey7barton was in the wrong today! He should not have got invovled and assaulted Gerviniho like that #justsaying

17 minutes ago

assault? have u really seen Joey assault? U want to be at the end of one do you?

What?

Guest BooBoo

Ba and Cabaye were a total waste of wages today. Both fools need to take a long hard look at themselves. Appalling. #NUFC

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ba and Cabaye were a total waste of wages today. Both fools need to take a long hard look at themselves. Appalling. #NUFC

Embarrassing.

Cabaye wasn't too bad at all. Looked like he had a good eye for a pass but needs more match sharpness. Ba was off the pace.

I've only seen it live but it looked more like gervinho stood up as Barton put his hands on him, hardly lifted him to his feet by his neck as the radio made out on the way home

All in all pleased with the point, cabaye got bypassed a lot but hopefully we can get a striker in that does not attract long balls and we can get cabaye involved more

Guest BooBoo

Fuck you embarassing, I'll call it as it is. Both were dreadful, not writing either off but over one game they were shocking.

Guest Wally_McFool

It was pretty obvious this was a side that had just been put together with little to no understanding of each others games, dis-jointed to say the least. It will come with time and experience but it merely serves to highlight our pathetic pre-season.

Yeah, but I dont hold much hope of Ba and Ameobi hitting it off together.

Bit harsh on Cabaye that is, mate.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but which Arsenal player tweeted at HT that Walcott needs to come on in the 2nd half? Was mentioned on the commentary, but didn't catch the name of the player.

Anyway, woeful game, excellent point. We were totally disjointed past the half way line. Coloccini was the best player on the pitch IMO. Arsenal look a shadow of themselves. Wenger is a twat and Song is a dirty bastard. Shola takes an eternity to get back up when on his arse, and Best isn't slow, he's just slow off the mark. Needs to work on explosive acceleration, and it will make a huge difference to his game imo.

Rant over.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but which Arsenal player tweeted at HT that Walcott needs to come on in the 2nd half? Was mentioned on the commentary, but didn't catch the name of the player.

Anyway, woeful game, excellent point. We were totally disjointed past the half way line. Coloccini was the best player on the pitch IMO. Arsenal look a shadow of themselves. Wenger is a twat and Song is a dirty bastard. Shola takes an eternity to get back up when on his arse, and Best isn't slow, he's just slow off the mark. Needs to work on explosive acceleration, and it will make a huge difference to his game imo.

Rant over.

Wilshire

Best isn't slow, he's just slow off the mark. Needs to work on explosive acceleration, and it will make a huge difference to his game imo.

Agree wholeheartedly. Best isn't slow, but be it his acceleration, his reactions or awareness (or a combo of these)... he needs to work on being a bit sharper. :thup:

17 minutes ago

didn't he post attacking the ref after the last match about how joey should of been sent off for that tackle and diaby shouldn't of been. great player. but he's an absolute moron.