Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

After today's showing, I'm left wondering where our goals are meant to be coming from.

Are Arsenal also worried about where their goals are going to come from?

Dunno, mate...I din't tend to hang around on Arsenal fans forums but I'd have thought it quite possible that some of their supporters may very well be worried.

Neither side had a solid pre-season. This is Cabaye and Tiote's first game together. No need to panic where goals are coming from just yet IMO.

I certainly think we'll see more of the ball next week than we did today. Arsenal keep it really well and we never really got into the game today. Sunderland will lose possession much more and we will create more chances than today.

Doesn't really count for much if we've not got the ability to put a few of them away though...:hmm:

I want to see

Krul

Simpson    Taylor    Colo      New Left back

Obertan      Barton  Tiote        Jonas

Cabaye

Ameobi\Ba\Best

The one thing that does install a bit of hope for me is our midfield; as people have said we wont be chasing shadows (or as many, hopefully) next week as we were today. I think in Cabaye, Tiote, Barton, Jonas and Obertan we have the ability and energy to get a result. It will be tough, though.

We'll lose. Well.....I certainly don't think we'll win.

Would love a draw but it'll be 2-1 to them.

Krul

Simpson---Taylor---Colo---Pieters/Cissokho

Barton---Cabaye---Tiote

Obertan                                    Gutierrez

Ameobi

I'd take a draw now and I think it will be a draw. Both teams seems to have nothing special at them moment. Since we have came up all the pressure in the derbies have been on them. The first game they were favourites because we were newly promoted and we ended up hammering them, the 2nd game they were giving it all the big talk that they were going to get revenge and on top of that we were at their place which made them favourites again and they were lucky they got the point they did. On Saturday they will be favourites after having a good summer in terms of bringing numbers in and we would have had a bad one (regardless of weather or not we have a LB and/or a forward in by then) and again I think they will fuck it up.