Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

0-2. Ba and Barton.

Cabaye will get a real chance to show his class and I think he'll look quite comfortable.

If we have a proper LB then Jonas will have more freedom to roam and attack, and we'll be better for it. They don't really scare me.

Guest ykmkmdd

If you leave Larrson unmarked at the back post he might score a goal like.

Indeed. The young lad Liverpool had at right back had a mare yesterday. Larsson's set pieces look very handy though, need to keep them to a minimum.

Sessegnon looked lively in that free role too - need to get Tiote close to him or maybe detail Colo to push out onto him.

I'd like to think we'll see:

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Taylor New LB

Barton    Tioté  Cabaye  Jonas

Obertan

Ba

Don't see any reason to drop Ba just because he had a pretty poor half against Arsenal. He needs games and will get better.

Guest CheickMansour

I'd actually start Obertan just behind Ba against the mackems tbh.

His pace has potential to scare the s*** out of their defence.

Krul

Simpson        Taylor              Coloccini      Pieters*

Barton          Cabaye          Tiote            Jonas

Obertan

Ameobi**

*If he signs

**Because he's the Mackem killer despite his usual shitness

I can see us losing by 2 or 3 goals tbh. We looked pre-season yday and Sland got stronger yday as the game went on. I'm very worried, we'll need to keep possession of the ball and we don't have a striker capable of doing that.

Guest Wearside

Wearside: Is Gyan fit to play?

Injury not too bad apparently, took a knock on his ankle but is expected to be fit. I won't be disappointed if he doesn't play next week, looks unfit and about a stone overweight, I'd play Ji next week.

Too early to predict how next week will turn out yet, still plenty of time for both clubs to make signings. At the moment though I'm confident that we will win, watched your match yesterday and in all honesty I didn't see anything to worry us for next week and can't really see where your goals are coming from(insert Ameobi joke here). I thought the game passed Cabaye by for large spells and as I said at the time, Nolan will be a big miss for you and he will take time to adjust to the pace of the Premier League.

If we play like we did in the second half yesterday we will win, if we play like we did in the first half we will get beat. If we sign a left winger by next Saturday my confidence levels will go off the scale, if we don't I will be more nervous.