Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

Guest Wearside

I'd be quite happy with having Ji up front alone against us.

I really like the look of Ji, unbelievable work rate and never gives the centre halfs a breather, chases everything and most of our best play yesterday came after he came on.

I'd be quite happy with having Ji up front alone against us.

I really like the look of Ji, unbelievable work rate and never gives the centre halfs a breather, chases everything and most of our best play yesterday came after he came on.

He's alreet. It's going to take a lot of time and development before he's ready to score regularly at this level (or any level) though.

We had quite a few new players bedding in to our team against Arsenal as well as R.Taylor playing at left back and yet Arsenal didn't score. Sunderland were lucky not to be a goal down and down to 10 men against Liverpool in the first few minutes. They did well to get a draw at Liverpool and NUFC did well to get a draw against Arsenal. I don't see how that translates to Sunderland being favourites to beat NUFC. Arsenal couldn't break NUFC down so I don't see why Sunderland are confident. NUFC didn't create much against Arsenal but Sunderland are not Arsenal.

With a new LB I am confident we can get a win!

Krul

Simpson                       Taylor                   Colo                          New LB

Cabaye                Tiote

Barton                                                                                        Jonas

Obertan

Ba

If we are struggling to get a goal at 60 mins, bring on the Mackem destroyer - Shola Ameobi!

Sunderland certainly aren't Arsenal and we will get a lot more of the ball and be able to implement a more creative game plan.

Pardew said Ba was taken off tactically because he felt he needed balls in the box and we wouldn't be able to provide that for him against Arsenal. With a new LB, Jonas will be freed up to attack the flanks and likewise Barton could get some good deliveries into the box. Ba must start IMO!

Krul

Simpson                      Taylor                  Colo                          New LB

Cabaye                Tiote

Barton                                                                                        Jonas

Obertan

Shola

Shola has to start against this lot.

Guest BooBoo

"Suddenly Roker Park becomes a place of complete silence."- Barry Davies.

shit 1-2 Newcastle. My favourite piece of commentary ever.