The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

Did themselves proud today and raised a canny racket at times. Considering the match was dogshit in the main I thought it a splendid effort.

Credit where it is due.

I think plod / stewards were being over zealous in attempting to get folk to sit. I can see Llambias drafting folk in this area a letter.

I was right next to it in the Gallowgate and aye, it was promising stuff. A good amount stayed firm when the stewards came, well done. People just need to persist with it, and it will grow more & more. To anyone saying 'but standing isnt allowed' I'd say we are being sold a lie; it is not dangerous, the reason for standing being against regulations is a total con, which should be looked into. It definetely got the Gallowgate end going sometimes and the noise was quality. Well done to some lads right at the back of the Gallowgate keeping things ticking over, it helps to have little pockets here & there.

I'd personally say its pointless singing 'we'll never sit down' etc because your sort of inviting conflict then. The fact that your standing is enough, its best to just continue supporting the team when the stewards come, and ignore them/politely tell them 'no' and carry on singing for the lads. As annoying as they are, they are only doing there job, and being confrontation will only play into their hands.

Excellent post, tim. Agree totally on the standing front; I mean, what the hell is wrong standing at a football match? All people are doing is singing and standing, there's absolute nothing wrong with it at all. Obviously the authorities will say 'oh but it's dangerous', but I would bank on it they couldn't give an explanation to how it is. Afterall, all you are doing is standing in front of a plastic seat.

I think its location is quite ideal being next to the Gallowgate- that place really needs a boot up the ass at times, which is a shame as on its day the noise can be tremendous. Can't wait to take my place in block E row R seat 67 in the Corner  :celb:

Could hardly hear them in Level 7 Milburn which was what a lot in the Gallowgate said about the leazes corner last year.

Still some kids in level 7 Corner Student bit making a bit of noise but overall i thought the atmosphere was in the main poor because the singers have moved away from where the away fans are.

Guest WashyGeordie

The SE corner will hopefully grow like Level 7 did to start with (back rows standing, and then more/more)

And then the atmosphere dictated the game today i think, but it will get better as time together/the season moves on.

Away fans are going to leave SJP thinking it has little to no atmosphere other than a few kids nexto the away end by the sounds of things. The whole Gallowgate needs to be going for it to be heard well from L7.

Level 7 must have been something completely unreal, because I thought the Gallowgate atmosphere was good today :lol:

It's just like last year though, I could barely hear Level 7 from the Gallowgate then.

like me new seat at the back of the corner....thought some of the crack was shit, "the leazes" ... then "the corner" like a civil war :lol: also a lad i know who's sat in the corner for ages wasnt happy, said to me 'your lot' are cunts...because some of the lads who'd obviously moved from level 7 were telling him to stand up etc, probably bairns

other than that i thought it was class and am happy with me new seat :)

Several people around my new seat weren't happy about the "level 7 lot" coming turning up and standing for the full game. The seat next to me was an old woman who's sat there for years but was forced to stand for the full game due to around 5 rows in front standing. I felt pretty bad for her because she did ask the people in front to sit down. She complained to stewards as well I think but they did nothing.

:pow:I was in L4 and didn't hear a peep from any of our fans for maybe 80% of the game, was embarrassing at times. Tried to start a couple of songs but it was clearly out of the question.

same.

atmosphere is dead compared to last year, just hope that was down to the poor match...

Didn't appreciate some of the 'ultras' (i.e. 15-18 year old kids) trying to stand all the time, and when asked to sit down told us all to f**k off as they'd be there all season...despite the fact most the people around me have been ST holders for 20-30 years, and several of them have mobility issues so can't stand for the whole match.

And before I get a berating, the kids in front spent half the game with their backs turned to the match and instead were winding up the coppers and the stewards behind us.

:pow:I was in L4 and didn't hear a peep from any of our fans for maybe 80% of the game, was embarrassing at times. Tried to start a couple of songs but it was clearly out of the question.

Mind,"there's only one Mike Ashley" probably wasn't the best choice of song. :pow: :razz: