The Battle for 7th

Giselle

7th place?? Not while we have Ashley and/or Pardew. Absolutely no chance.

We need to aim for 16th/17th.

Terrible owner (do NOT try the "he keeps us afloat crap", thats nowhere near true), poor manager, amnd a team that man-for-man is worse than the one that got relegated. So 7th?? muahahaha.

16th/17th?!?!  So we should aim to do worse than last season?

Words fail me.

I dont think Sunderland Are A realistic threat to our challenge for 7th

On a serious note Sessigon (sp) looks like a decent player, but Gyan looks out of form right now, Colback (dirty judus b****** :)) had a much better game than at Liverpool where he was a liability. The resyt of their team is distinctly average and they just don't look like they have goals in them, which could be a big problem for them, they need to buy a decent striker before the window closes methinks.

Guest CheickMansour

I don't normally visit this thread but today it would be churlish not to.

7th? That's a step down from where I'm looking  :shifty:

:snod:

Right, after the games in Gameweek 2's been played, the results for this week are:

Newcastle (+2)

Villa, WBA, Stoke (0)

Fulham, Bolton (-1)

Everton, Sunderland (-3)

Gameweek 1 was

Bolton (+2)

Sunderland (+1)

Newcastle, Villa, Stoke, Everton (0)

WBA (-1)

Fulham (-2)

I dont think Sunderland Are A realistic threat to our challenge for 7th

On a serious note Sessigon (sp) looks like a decent player, but Gyan looks out of form right now, Colback (dirty judus b****** :)) had a much better game than at Liverpool where he was a liability. The resyt of their team is distinctly average and they just don't look like they have goals in them, which could be a big problem for them, they need to buy a decent striker before the window closes methinks.

The money they spent on Wickham could have got them Bendtner, give or take a million. Terrible waste of money.

I like Wickham but he's a luxury, as he isn't ready yet.

People laughing at my post. Have word with yourself man, the best possible way to get 60 points (in terms of games we are not going to get any points out of) is by winning 20 games. No way will we win 20 games, we will need to draw which then takes the amount of games we can afford to lose down again.

Any of you thinking we can achieve 60 points is fucking deluded and retarded.

Newcastle 38 11 13 14 ---  46

Now let's take 3 defeats away and make them wins. 14  13  11  ---  55

Now, say we make a draw into a win as well. 15  12  11  ---  57

Perhaps not exactly 60 points, but certainly not beyond the realm of possibility should we actually just improve a tiny bit this season. Also we could be luckier and get more wins rather than draws but still lose the same amount. You catch my drift?

No team outside the top six is definitely better than us. In fact, most of them are suffering from financial difficulties or have sold important players. Even Spurs look somewhat fragile, though I think they have too much sheer qua;ity not to finish in the top six places (same for Liverpool and Arsenal, imo.) I thought Everton, West Brom, Villa, and Stoke would finish above us (in that order), but if we have a proper end to the window, everything is possible.