L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Modibo Maiga is adamant striker Mali Sochaux, author of 15 goals in Ligue 1 last season, "wants to leave." Newcastle offered him a five-year commitment and offers 8 million to buy out his three years contract with the club doubiste.

So, Maiga began a standoff with officers, who refuse to negotiate. "An offer like this does not refuse, Maiga claims in L'Equipe. Sochaux will not lose."

"Before the offer from Newcastle, took the 23 years, offered me nothing." Or contract extension or salary increase. "I've got a family with me. I wish the President (Alexandre Lacombe) incorporates my interests, those of my family and not just his own."

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/transferts/2011-2012/maiga-veut-partir_sto2908322/flashnews.shtml

:kasper:

Sounds similar to the Ben Arfa situation

Absent from the match against Caen on Saturday in Bonal ( 1-2 ), the Malian striker Modibo Maiga FC Sochaux was invisible again Sunday morning to scrub . And this behavior will not go as in the Doubs. As proof, the official statement published Sunday by the club late in the day, announcing that the attacker, who wants to leave the club, will be punished: " FC Sochaux-Montbéliard recorded in amazement as the boycott by one of his players the meeting of the Ligue 1 side Stade Malherbe Caen and absence without leave of the same element in the training session scheduled this Sunday, August 14, 2011. The direction of the club condemns this unacceptable behavior from a player which is contractually bound after engaging in summer 2010 for a period of four years (until June 2014). FCSM consider that this behavior is totally disrespectful to the club, his teammates and his fans. It will not be without consequence or punishment. "

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110814_194410_maiga-bientot-sanctionne.html