L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Jonas could work in a midfield 3 ??? Think pardew would be bonkers to change to a formation without gutierrez

why? his main role in the team is carrying the ball up the pitch to relieve pressure and protecting a shit full back. a better full back solves one of those problems

Did the same job in front of Jose and he wasn't shit like :)

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Santon - Colo - Taylor - New LB

Cabaye - Tiote - Guthrie

Maiga - Ba - HBA

Now that I'd fucking love to see  :fwap:

Wow this team i like, can i have a reach around :D

Worth noting that Mali only won three games in a qualification group that also included Liberia, Cape Verde and Zimbabwe - and did not qualify from the group stages in 2008 or 2010.

That being said, their last group stage match is on 1st Feb.

I would to see a solid RB and an adventorous LB int he future to allow for more attacking fluidity while remaining defensively solid.

Krul

RB Taylor Colo LB

Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa Ba Gutierrez

Maiga

Give Ben Arfa a free role to roam off the wing, while having a RB that just defends to remain defensively solid and allow the LB to roam forward and Gutierrez remains very scrict in his role and does alot of defensive work.....

It's a all a fantasy tbh but its what id like to see.

Why would you move our top scorer into midfield?

I think he's got the right idea, but set out slightly wrong: two "No. 10s" in Ben Arfa and Ba, and would require very good full backs of course

Krul

Santon Taylor Coloccini LB

Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez

B.Arfa Ba

Maiga

We have so many African's leaving us the chances are that we will have one or two of them back after the group stage.

The earliest we'll have anyone back is 30 Jan (Senegal's last game is on the 29th).

Aye but they don't leave until mid-January correct?

It's not like they fuck off on the 1st of January.

Krul

Santon - Colo - Taylor - New LB

Cabaye - Tiote - Guthrie

Maiga - Ba - HBA

Now that I'd f***ing love to see  :fwap:

Out with Guthrie, in with Jonas, the i agree.

This, then fucking hell yea!!

I would to see a solid RB and an adventorous LB int he future to allow for more attacking fluidity while remaining defensively solid.

Krul

RB Taylor Colo LB

Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa Ba Gutierrez

Maiga

Give Ben Arfa a free role to roam off the wing, while having a RB that just defends to remain defensively solid and allow the LB to roam forward and Gutierrez remains very scrict in his role and does alot of defensive work.....

I think he's got the right idea, but set out slightly wrong: two "No. 10s" in Ben Arfa and Ba, and would require very good full backs of course

Krul

Santon Taylor Coloccini LB

Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez

B.Arfa Ba

Maiga

Ba is more of an out and out striker than Maiga. The lad spends a lot of time playing on the wing.

Krul

RB Taylor Colo LB

Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa Ba Gutierrez

Maiga

Technically iam not moving him at all, he is playing SS like he has done all season long( except for when Ben Arfa plays AM)

All iam doing is replacing Ben Arfa with Obertan, we cant do this atm because the fullbacks are not good enough, i hope one day they will be.

We have so many African's leaving us the chances are that we will have one or two of them back after the group stage.

The earliest we'll have anyone back is 30 Jan (Senegal's last game is on the 29th).

Aye but they don't leave until mid-January correct?

It's not like they fuck off on the 1st of January.

Matches begin week commencing 23 Jan. Imagine squads will meet a week beforehand.

£6-7 million. Four and a half year deal. Good piece of business.

??

What?

Am I right in thinking that Ba and Maiga have both played as a wide forwards in the past, meaning if we played them with Ben Arfa as a front three they'd essentially be interchangeable with each other? Obviously HBA is a lot less of an out and out striker as the other two, but you get what I mean.

Jonas doesn't quite fit into a 4-3-3 with our team though, and I dunno if that would then leave our left back exposed. I'd imagine he'll rotate upfront, still kinda expecting Ba to get an injury myself. That or (ideally of course)

Krul

Saylor    Colo  Williamson

Santon      Tiote      Cabaye    Jonas

HBA

Ba      Maiga

:D

if you're having wing backs it's reasonable cover, it sacrifices width for a strong spine. It's successful more in Italy for a reason though, slower narrower teams proliferate, I am very unsure if it would work. I was merely trying to accommodate Jonas in a team with 3 forwards, i think it might be fun, our current formation is fine :p

Realistically this would be Pardew's preffered line up (until Ben Arfa finds some some form).

Krul

Simpson      Taylor      Colo      Raylor

Cabaye

Tiote

Obertan                                  Jonas

Ba      Best/Maiga

Santon and Ben Arfa need to prove they are worthy of finding a place in this team.... and yes Ryan Taylor is shit.

£7m? That would be our biggest signing in years, and the most Ashley has ever sanctioned on a striker by a mile*. Seems unlikely.

*Xisco doesn't count.

Was'nt Coloccini signed after Ashley took over?

I know he's not a striker lol, but its not that long ago regardless.