Newcastle and Arsenal charged with failing to control players

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Trumped up charge against the team, not Barton.

The only way they can publicly slate Bartons behaviour is by using this charge. Come on jonny it's not rocket science

They think Barton got off lightly but because he was booked theyare powerless

This is all about Barton and the fact they can't touch him due to the yellow

This is their way of punishing him/us

Shut up man :lol:

I can't see any other realistic explanation. The idea they're putting down a firm marker to start the season off doesn't really add up just because the idea our players weren't under control is so provably laughable - it's a trumped up charge.

Charging both clubs just to get at Barton? Can't see it tbh :lol:

I believe their is a 'Barton tax' on a lot that he does on the pitch but I think this would be a bit far.

I can, there's a section of the footballing hierarchy that is demented and, re: Barton, would happily ban him from the game altogether if they could. I was laughing at the idea of them trying to get Arsenal off the charges and put them on us, given all the video evidence is in our favour, but sure enough they've found a way to give us a whack.

That all said, Aphrodite makes an interesting point and that would put a different spin on things.

The only way they can publicly slate Bartons behaviour is by using this charge. Come on jonny it's not rocket science

This won't affect Barton anyway.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This won't affect Barton anyway.

It's another stick to beat him with as his actions have resulted in the club being charged

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/football/09/27/chelsea.charges/index.html

'Referee Mike Dean reported the club after at least four players surrounded him when he sent off Chelsea midfielder Mikel John Obi in the first half'

Did they surround the referee on Saturday though? The melee was going on for about ten seconds before the referee even noticed it was happening.

'Referee Mike Dean reported the club after at least four players surrounded him when he sent off Chelsea midfielder Mikel John Obi in the first half'

Did they surround the referee though? The melee was going on for about ten seconds before the referee even noticed it was happening.

I assume that'll be Newcastle's defence. The fine is usually £10,000 though, it's nothing to get worried about.

Did they surround the referee though? The melee was going on for about ten seconds before the referee even noticed it was happening.

I assume that'll be Newcastle's defence. The fine is usually £10,000 though, it's nothing to get worried about.

Sounds like something to get worried about to me, he'll probably use that to justify flogging Coloccini.

Sounds like something to get worried about to me, he'll probably use that to justify flogging Coloccini.

:lol:

:lol:

This is all about Barton and the fact they can't touch him due to the yellow

This is their way of punishing him/us

Shut up man :lol:

I can't see any other realistic explanation. The idea they're putting down a firm marker to start the season off doesn't really add up just because the idea our players weren't under control is so provably laughable - it's a trumped up charge.

:facepalm:

Gervinho, Song slapped with 3-match bans

16 August 2011

Arsenal's Gervinho and Alex Song have been handed three-match bans by the FA for their conduct during Saturday's draw with Newcastle United.

Arsenal's Gervinho and Alex Song have been handed three-match bans by the FA for their conduct during Saturday's draw with Newcastle United.

Gervinho, 24, was given a straight red card for slapping Magpies midfielder Joey Barton.

Barton was given a yellow card for his role in the melee, as he had initially dragged the Ivory Coast winger off the ground after an apparent dive from the Arsenal star.

Because he had been dealt with during the game, the controversial midfielder has escaped any punishment in the aftermath of the feisty encounter on the opening day of the Premier League season.

Song, however, has been charged with violent conduct and given a ban for stamping on Barton's leg, an incident the referee did not see at the time.

Arsenal have accepted the ban given to Song but will appeal against the severity of the suspension handed to former Lille winger Gervinho.

Because they are not contesting the ban itself they should avoid being handed an extra game on the player’s ban for a frivolous appeal.

Instead, the club will likely try and argue that Barton himself has admitted publicly that he overreacted to the slap to try and get the number of games the 24-year-old is out for reduced.

Both the Gunners and the Tyneside club also face charges by the FA for being unable to keep their players under control in the game, which carries a 25,000 pound fine.

Newcastle have denied the charge and their case will be heard by an FA disciplinary commission, while Arsenal are undecided on their course of action.

Link: http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/August/16/gervinho-song-slapped-with-3-match-bans/?