Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

He wasn't a shit keeper. He was an average to below average keeper. We had this argument in the 2017-2018 season, where he played quite a lot.

Every goal we conceded, he got blamed for, by certain posters on here. And was it logical? What is it do with what happened on the pitch? No it was because they hated him for the Pardew issue.

He made an absolutely cruical penalty save away to West Ham Xmas 2017. You can argue it changed our season. We lose that game and we're on 15 points after 19 games, and we're in the disaster zone. That's a fact.

The antithesis to Ayoze Perez. One is adulated, one is despised. Classic Donnay Army.

Pretty confident nobody adulates Rob Elliot or despises Ayoze Perez.

Was always amazed by the level of intense fewm a backup GK could inspire. Wonder if Arsenal fans are still frothing at the mouth at the very memory of Alex Manninger.

No one despised Ayoze? Sure, that's why he invented a goal celebration to shut out... all the love he was getting?

His thread here was a sewer at times. You're having a laugh.

Guest neesy111

Poster boy for the Ashley-Pardew axis of evil. Cheap, shit, available and willing to spew out whatever he was told to. Sums up the era nicely, 9 years on the payroll, contributed fuck all, no ambition other than "it'll do". He did. Now he's gone. He can fuck clean off back into the obscurity from whence he came. I'd call him a piece of shit but he's not significant enough to warrant it.

Just noticed this.  [emoji38] [emoji38]

You talk some absolute drivel you mind. Too much hate in your heart. Spent too much time on RTG lad.

Pot calling kettle after your last post.

Poster boy for the Ashley-Pardew axis of evil. Cheap, shit, available and willing to spew out whatever he was told to. Sums up the era nicely, 9 years on the payroll, contributed fuck all, no ambition other than "it'll do". He did. Now he's gone. He can fuck clean off back into the obscurity from whence he came. I'd call him a piece of shit but he's not significant enough to warrant it.

Just noticed this.  [emoji38] [emoji38]

You talk some absolute drivel you mind. Too much hate in your heart. Spent too much time on RTG lad.

Pot calling kettle after your last post.

What's your point Neesy?

Mad how much people hate him like.  :lol:

He was a third choice keeper that we paid nothing for, and paid low wages. Hence why he played 50 odd times in 9 years.

He really wasn't bad at short range shot stopping IMO.

We paid him over £10m in those 9 years.  :lol:

The antithesis to Ayoze Perez. One is adulated, one is despised. Classic Donnay Army.

Was always amazed by the level of intense fewm a backup GK could inspire. Wonder if Arsenal fans are still frothing at the mouth at the very memory of Alex Manninger.

No one despised Ayoze? Sure, that's why he invented a goal celebration to shut out... all the love he was getting?

Whey, he got a lot of undeserved stick over the years due to a perceived lack of consistency. Find me a player who hasn't been griefed on the Internet for being imperfect. Don't think you'd realistically find anyone who valued Rob Elliott's contribution over his though......

He was a third choice keeper that we paid nothing for, and paid low wages. Hence why he played 50 odd times in 9 years.

I've went over to Premier League Stats.

141 saves in 52 games (Rob Elliot) 2.71 saves per games

238 saves in 79 games (Martin Dubravka) 2.97 saves per game

The stats speak for themselves. He was a perfectly acceptable back up keeper. He should never be number 1, but I have no problem with what the club paid him over the years. Really apart from a the odd game in the last decade, we've never been scrambling for an emergency keeper. We've always had a back up.

I just find the hate weird. Midds comment is beyond embarrasing. Bit creepy tbh.

Whey, he got a lot of undeserved stick over the years due to a perceived lack of consistency. Find me a player who hasn't been griefed on the Internet for being imperfect. Don't think you'd realistically find anyone who valued Rob Elliott's contribution over his though......

Wasn't just the internet, most players aren't booed by their own fans.

I've went over to Premier League Stats.

141 saves in 52 games (Rob Elliot) 2.71 saves per games

238 saves in 79 games (Martin Dubravka) 2.97 saves per game

The stats speak for themselves. He was a perfectly acceptable back up keeper. He should never be number 1, but I have no problem with what the club paid him over the years. Really apart from a the odd game in the last decade, we've never been scrambling for an emergency keeper. We've always had a back up.

I just find the hate weird. Midds comment is beyond embarrasing. Bit creepy tbh.

Completely agree. Average, average keeper who did nothing in his time here but was fine as a third choice and not a disaster when he played. Guarantee if he hadn't made that comment about Pardew nobody would have batted an eyelid yet now he's a disgrace who needs to be abused on his way out the door  :lol:

Nah, Ayoze was absolutely hated by a large section of our fans - and I say that as someone who had to argue against some utter morons that, no, he wasn't a soft shite fancy Dan who'd fall over and not create anything.

And if you did a poll of both players amongst match going fans - "Glad he's gone" versus "wish he was still here" I'd be pretty confident Rob fucking Elliot would get a more positive response.

Nah, Ayoze was absolutely hated by a large section of our fans - and I say that as someone who had to argue against some utter morons that, no, he wasn't a soft shite fancy Dan who'd fall over and not create anything.

And if you did a poll of both players amongst match going fans - "Glad he's gone" versus "wish he was still here" I'd be pretty confident Rob fucking Elliot would get a more positive response.

Perhaps before the phenomenon known as "the Joelinton effect" occurred.

:laugh: What's the Joelinton effect? If it's what I think it is then I think a more appropriate term might be, ironically, the Rob Elliot effect; in that it happened with him first...

:laugh: What's the Joelinton effect? If it's what I think it is then I think a more appropriate term might be, ironically, the Rob Elliot effect; in that it happened with him first...

Haha, possibly. The effect being the replacement making you long for what you had before. Feel like pua shit just want her back.

Haha, possibly. The effect being the replacement making you long for what you had before. Feel like pua shit just want her back.

Ah, I thought the Joelinton effect was disliking someone irrationally due to their association with a separate being (ie Bruce/Ashley in his case, Pardew in Elliot's).

That spell towards the end of the Championship season when him and Darlow were competing to see who could cost us the most goals was grim. I’ve gone through stages of liking and disliking both of them but man that feeling when Dubravka came into the first team. It felt like he was the best keeper I’d ever seen.