Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Guest neesy111

Mad how much people hate him like.  :lol:

He was a third choice keeper that we paid nothing for, and paid low wages. Hence why he played 50 odd times in 9 years.

He really wasn't bad at short range shot stopping IMO.

He actually produced one of the best NUFC goalkeeping performances of the last 10 years or so, away at Bournemouth when we absolutely stole a 1-0 with Perez scoring. Not quite Krul at Spurs but certainly one of the best I can remember.

Obviously not PL-quality overall mind, but then how many third-choice PL keepers are?

What? :lol:

Tbf, he was brilliant that day.

Guest neesy111

That Bournemouth game was radge. They had literallly 10 times as many shots as we did (20 to 2).

Such a snide win.

They got revenge in the reverse game.

Never understood the  shit he got here. Seems like an alright guy whilst being an alright backup keeper. He was never absolutely atrocious like. I know that conversation with TheGuv lives long in the memory but I think I'd say a lot worse if I was being harassed by some bellend first year Newcastle uni students like, at least he gave them the time of day, most would tell them to fuck off and shove their pint of skittles up their arse.

Mad how much people hate him like.  :lol:

He was a third choice keeper that we paid nothing for, and paid low wages. Hence why he played 50 odd times in 9 years.

He really wasn't bad at short range shot stopping IMO.

He actually produced one of the best NUFC goalkeeping performances of the last 10 years or so, away at Bournemouth when we absolutely stole a 1-0 with Perez scoring. Not quite Krul at Spurs but certainly one of the best I can remember.

Obviously not PL-quality overall mind, but then how many third-choice PL keepers are?

What? :lol:

You disagree?

Never understood the  shit he got here. Seems like an alright guy whilst being an alright backup keeper. He was never absolutely atrocious like. I know that conversation with TheGuv lives long in the memory but I think I'd say a lot worse if I was being harassed by some bellend first year Newcastle uni students like, at least he gave them the time of day, most would tell them to fuck off and shove their pint of skittles up their arse.

what the fuck? Guv is sound, and that's a weird thing to say. But if you're cool with some league 1 nobody slagging the club thats on you. And he was atrocious plenty, the Shaqiri goal has already been mentioned.

Tbf you always posted about how shit he was and how you hated him, so you are a little biased.

what the fuck? Guv is sound, and that's a weird thing to say. But if you're cool with some league 1 nobody slagging the club thats on you. And he was atrocious plenty, the Shaqiri goal has already been mentioned.

Tbf you always posted about how shit he was and how you hated him, so you are a little biased.

I think he's a wank keeper yeah, but I only disliked him as a person after that incident. I was more taking the issue with randomly terming Guv  a bell end, because he dared speak to a third choice keeper on a night out

In my defence, a first year Uni student should be out getting pissed. God knows why I was in Madame Koos of all places mind you - I detest the place now. However, I’m most certainly unsure as to why a ‘Premier League’ goalkeeper was out midweek when we hadn’t won a game in however long.

Aye he gave me the time of day to begin with (probably was enjoying being recognised tbh) and we had a reasonable conversation until he came out with the Pardew love in and Ben Arfa/Keegan hate. Bearing in mind I think this was back in the Sack Pardew days where there was a lot being said at that particular time. :dontknow:

I’m not losing sleep over him. He’s made money many of us could only dream of and he was just as complicit as Pardew as a mouth piece throughout those years.

Fuck him.

Elliot lambasted Ben Arfa by saying he’s only set up, at most, 3 goals this season and that HBA has been SOLELY responsible for 7-8 goals that we’ve conceded this season.

I told him that I believe Pardew to be a charlatan that’s scared to play football and he’s ruined the best squad we’ve had in 10 years. I said a real manager with attacking intent would get the best out of our players. Somebody like, Keegan.

He then proceeded to tell me that Keegan is a worse manager than Pardew and had no respect from the players. I raged at this point and had to push him on the fact that Keegan made the Newcastle fans BELIEVE in ourselves and showed us how great Newcastle United can truly be.

His argument was that the Newcastle fans think they deserve to be in the Champions League by rights and we need to know our level. I disagreed.

‘Where should we be then?’ he asked.

I replied that just a bit of fight, belief and trying to play games with attacking intent could secure a higher PL finish than we’ll ever achieve with cowardly football and tactics.

‘Na’, he says. ‘8th or 9th is our level.’

https://www.themag.co.uk/2014/04/said-newcastle-keeper-rob-elliot-walked-club-last-night-spoke/

Elliot lambasted Ben Arfa by saying he’s only set up, at most, 3 goals this season and that HBA has been SOLELY responsible for 7-8 goals that we’ve conceded this season.

I told him that I believe Pardew to be a charlatan that’s scared to play football and he’s ruined the best squad we’ve had in 10 years. I said a real manager with attacking intent would get the best out of our players. Somebody like, Keegan.

He then proceeded to tell me that Keegan is a worse manager than Pardew and had no respect from the players. I raged at this point and had to push him on the fact that Keegan made the Newcastle fans BELIEVE in ourselves and showed us how great Newcastle United can truly be.

His argument was that the Newcastle fans think they deserve to be in the Champions League by rights and we need to know our level. I disagreed.

‘Where should we be then?’ he asked.

I replied that just a bit of fight, belief and trying to play games with attacking intent could secure a higher PL finish than we’ll ever achieve with cowardly football and tactics.

‘Na’, he says. ‘8th or 9th is our level.’

https://www.themag.co.uk/2014/04/said-newcastle-keeper-rob-elliot-walked-club-last-night-spoke/

Fella’s a bit thick tbh

Elliot was better than Darlow imo

Tough call. My memory is that Elliot was a consistent 5 but Darlow could range from 3-6.

It's close. Darlow would make more obvious and consistent errors, whereas I think Elliot was sometimes a bit slow getting down and didn't command his box.

Tough call. My memory is that Elliot was a consistent 5 but Darlow could range from 3-6.

It's close. Darlow would make more obvious and consistent errors, whereas I think Elliot was sometimes a bit slow getting down and didn't command his box.

what was that very specific goal where elliot went down in bullet time and the ball was at normal pace?  he should have been finished right at that point imo

what was that very specific goal where elliot went down in bullet time and the ball was at normal pace?  he should have been finished right at that point imo

I remember that, it was a goal mouth scramble wasn't it. And the ball went under him? Was trying to think of that the other day

fucked if i can remember the game but just remember how slow he went down :lol: