David Lloyd gyms

Fatwax

I'm tempted to join my local one as they're really nice and it's very near to me.. but they are very expensive so I'm just weighing up if it's worth it.

Has anyone on here ever been a member? Good or bad stories? For those that have never looked into it I was quoted £72.75 a month for on-peak but I've managed to get them down to £50 a month with no joining fee. They're waiting on my answer that they "can only do until Monday according to head office".

I'm tempted to join my local one as they're really nice and it's very near to me.. but they are very expensive so I'm just weighing up if it's worth it.

Has anyone on here ever been a member? Good or bad stories? For those that have never looked into it I was quoted £72.75 a month for on-peak but I've managed to get them down to £50 a month with no joining fee. They're waiting on my answer that they "can only do until Monday according to head office".

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56196/1617295-i_see_what_you_did_there_holyshit_super.jpg

£50 f***ing quid for a f***ing gym?

£15/£20 quid for a council owned one with unlimited pool access?

I know what I'd rather do.

Well this is the thing.. my council-run one is £30 a month. The gym is smaller and always busy, there aren't as many facilities, they open at about 7:30am so I can't go before work and also the pool is full of dive-bombing dickhead kids. DL has two pools and specific times are adult only and there are permanent lanes.

So yeah, the price is a bit crazy, but the facilities are far, far superior.

£50 f***ing quid for a f***ing gym?

£15/£20 quid for a council owned one with unlimited pool access?

I know what I'd rather do.

Well this is the thing.. my council-run one is £30 a month. The gym is smaller and always busy, there aren't as many facilities, they open at about 7:30am so I can't go before work and also the pool is full of dive-bombing dickhead kids. DL has two pools and specific times are adult only and there are permanent lanes.

So yeah, the price is a bit crazy, but the facilities are far, far superior.

Fair enough, just could never see myself paying £600+ a year for gym membership. I'd rather pay half that and have a holiday.

I know a few who've used it. They both liked it but cancelled just because they weren't going enough to warrant paying so much.

Personally I prefer my budget £16 a month gym.

Thats what I pay currently, but there's no pool or classes, both of which I want now for what I'm trying to achieve. I have just a no frills 24/7 gym. Going to be sad to say bye to the old girl..