The League (TV series)

Rich

http://images.hollywood.com/site/theLeagueEpisodes.jpg

The League is an American sitcom that premiered on FX on October 29, 2009. The series, set in Chicago, is a semi-improvised comedy about a fantasy football league, its members, and their everyday lives. A second 13 episode season of The League premiered on September 16, 2010 on FX. On January 15, 2011, it was announced that the series had been picked up for a third season, which will premiere on October 6th 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League

Possibly miles late onto this bandwagon, but was recommended it by my brother and have just finished watching the first season. I don't really get a lot of the player references and all that, not knowing much about the NFL or the sport in general, but it's still been fucking brilliant. Constantly laughing through each episode and the characters themselves are all really good.

Anyone else watched it? If you haven't and you like NFL/understand their fantasy football obsession, it's well worth a shot. Has a bit of everything in there, including player cameos and massively fit birds like Nadine Velazquez of My Name Is Earl fame.

:thup:

Taco is alright for me because he is used very rarely.  Like you, I usually hate characters like that.

My favorite character is Rafi.  I love all his "crap the booze" out stuff.

Favorite non-reoccurring character has to be Ruxin though too.

Also it's worth noting that this show is semi-improved, a lot like Curb, so there are genuine moments of laughter quite often from the characters/actors.  I think it really gives the show an edge.

Probably says more about me than the show, but I didn't know that until searching up the Wiki page to post here earlier. Impressed.

Also it's worth noting that this show is semi-improved, a lot like Curb, so there are genuine moments of laughter quite often from the characters/actors.  I think it really gives the show an edge.

Probably says more about me than the show, but I didn't know that until searching up the Wiki page to post here earlier. Impressed.

I didn't know either until about six episodes in when I checked the Wiki/IMDB page.

Has it already or are there plans for this to be aired in the UK? Suppose with it being NFL it wouldn't prove as popular as other US TV shows.

I don't think it has been, but not sure. I just acquired them all online.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Watched 1st episode, this has potential. Not too sure on the way its been filmed, but the concept and characters are decent. I can already see usage within the NFL Thread.

• 2 years later...