Redknapp Vs. Roader

Clay

Delete if a repost.

27 November 2006

HARRY'S THE HAIRDRYER

Newcastle 1-0 Porstmouth

By Simon Bird

HARRY REDKNAPP aimed some cutting remarks at Glenn Roeder on the day David James unveiled his bizarre new hairdo.

The Pompey boss saw his fourth-top side beaten by fourth-bottom Newcastle - then got snippy at the man who succeeded him as West Ham boss.

He said: "I wonder how they struggle with the players they have got and the fantastic amount of money they have spent.

"They are full of quality and pace and they are a decent team on paper.

"If you'd say we would be fourth-top and them fourth-bottom at the start of the season with the squads we have got, you'd be off your head." Earlier in the day Redknapp made some pointed remarks about his rival, saying: "I gave Glenn a job coaching when he was out of work. But he said a few things when I left and he's been known to do that, hasn't he?

"I left a fantastic squad but when they started losing games I suppose someone had to cop it. I don't really want to get involved."

James was not at fault for Antoine Sibierski's 69th-minute winner ...but he looked to have had a Calamity with a pot of Brylcreem.

The ex-England keeper sported a slicked-down, side-parted hairdo which a Radio Five Live commentator said made him look "like the lead singer of Shakespear's Sister".

On the game itself, Redknapp admitted: "I have no complaints, we didn't play well. We didn't create anything."We need to be at full strength. We were missing three or four. We have Liverpool on Wednesday and I may have to recall Andy Griffin from Stoke."

Sibierski's goal gave Newcastle breathing space away from the bottom three.

But victory came at a cost, with Scott Parker pulling a muscle in his back and James Milner a doubt for Thursday's UEFA Cup tie in Frankfurt.

Kieron Dyer had his thigh slashed after colliding with the ad boards under Sol Campbell's challenge but is okay.

Roeder said: "We need to kick on and take wins from a number of home fixtures before Christmas. The biggest worry is keeping people fit. We have lost two last week and two today. We are down to 10 or 11 seniors.

Roeder asked Sibierski to "be a hero" when he was added at half-time.

And the Toon boss took his own dig at Redknapp when he said of his Sibierski capture: "I hope people recognise what a good signing he has been.

"David Moyes was upset he signed for us not Everton. He has proved to be a shrewd bit of business.

"He didn't start today and could have showed his disappointment. I told him at half-time there was a hero in this dressing room ready to emerge and it could be him...and he reminded me of that when he came in. He accepts he was not a high-profile signing.

"Parker has pulled a muscle in his back, too early to say how long he is out. And Milner has taken a blow on his hip. He could make Thursday.

"Kieron Dyer deserves to stay fit for the rest of the season. He has no problems now."

Guest Gemmill

Redknapp is a complete tosser.  Not for his comments here either, the bloke is just a cock.  Louise Redknapp must shite herself when she looks at him and has to wonder whether she'll be married to a bloke that looks like that in 20 years time.

Redknapp is a complete tosser.  Not for his comments here either, the bloke is just a cock.  Louise Redknapp must shite herself when she looks at him and has to wonder whether she'll be married to a bloke that looks like that in 20 years time.

Pretty much the only thing that stops me hating Jamie for marrying my teen pin up.

Guest Magnetic North

After hanging around watching the Chelsea/Man Utd game in the stadium, I was surprised on passing the Portsmouth team coach how many N'cle fans were crawling up Harry's legs for photos and autographs.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Roeder asked Sibierski to "be a hero" when he was added at half-time.

"He didn't start today and could have showed his disappointment. I told him at half-time there was a hero in this dressing room ready to emerge and it could be him...and he reminded me of that when he came in.

I wonder if Luque was sat next to him at the time...