Ligue 1

QBG

Thought we might as well have a thread seen as the vast majority of our signings come from there. Been watching PSG v Valenciennes. 1-1 at the minute, lovely finish from Gameiro for PSG, but they can't defend for toffee.

Isnt it on espn these days, a weekly thing? Used to watch it on channel 5 a couple of years ago, at 0430 when i was having my breakfast. Even at that time in the morning i was a fan of their football.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Isnt it on espn these days, a weekly thing? Used to watch it on channel 5 a couple of years ago, at 0430 when i was having my breakfast. Even at that time in the morning i was a fan of their football.

Not that I've seen, they have:

Bundesliga

English Premier League

English FA Cup

Eredivise

MLS

Portugese Liga

Russian Premier League

Serie A

My skybox is ready to retire  :lol:

There's a Ligue 1 thread now? I've been posting to myself about OM matches for three years. :lol:

This should be a very good and competitive season. I really can't be certain about how the season will progress. I would definitely expect OM and OL to be near the top come the end. OL are essentially the same team minus Toulalan, who was overrated anyway. They'll underachieve their way to a CL spot again, imo. OM have lost some top players in the summer, notably Taiwo and Heinze, but have brought in good experienced players from Ligue 1, like Alou Diarra and Amalfitano. It is imperative that they keep Lucho. I think they will be slightly less talented, but a more cohesive unit and have similar results to last season. Poor start, though.

Lille are still a good team, but have lost so many good players this summer, it is difficult to see them repeating the league and cup double. They've brought in nice players, but Dmitri Payet is not going to replace Gervinho, they haven't replaced Cabaye, Sow will revert back to being average and, Rami was the heart of their tight defence. I have no idea what will happen with PSG. Like Man City a few years ago, they are a complete wildcard.

Of course, this is one of the more randoms leagues in Europe, and Montpellier (who actually START John Utaka) are crushing Rennes and about to go top of the league. :undecided:

Thought we might as well have a thread seen as the vast majority of our signings come from there. Been watching PSG v Valenciennes. 1-1 at the minute, lovely finish from Gameiro for PSG, but they can't defend for toffee.

PSG in for Jagielka you say?

Isn't Andre Ayew rumoured to be leaving OM, or is that largely just media speculation? I heard he had a release fee clause that might attract a few clubs across Europe.

Think Arsenal was/is interested. The clause had a date which has passed, but Arsenal reckon they still should pay the price in the clause as they made official contact before this happened.

Isn't Andre Ayew rumoured to be leaving OM, or is that largely just media speculation? I heard he had a release fee clause that might attract a few clubs across Europe.

13 million euro or something like that. It's all just talk for now. He's been linked to Arsenal since he first came out, really. There's been nothing concrete yet so I am not taking it too serious. It seemed like Lucho was gone at more than one point this summer, so I'm more concerned about him.

Was one of the best performers at the last world cup. Wish we'd gone in for him instead of chasing N'Zogbia at the time.

• 5 weeks later...

Bump for Baba, Marseille got their first win tonight after a terrible start to campaign. 2-0 win against Evian for them. Montpellier top after 3-1 win at Ajaccio, Lyon lose for the first time this season 1-0 at Caen, Rennes thump Sochaux 6-2 and PSG beat Nice 2-1 at home, all 3 goals were penalties and there were two red cards.

Guest magpie99

Interesting to see how our targets are going.

Gameiro seems to score every week and Erdinc seems to bed his perenial last 10 minute replacement, How long will he put up with that.

Despite his comments in the press this week, Maiga cant be happy staying with a team that gets hammered most week despite scoring last night.

The lad from Brest wasnt even in the squad. Must be injured.

Cissoko losing at Lyon.

How is that M;Bengue going at Toulouse?

Interesting to see how our targets are going.

Gameiro seems to score every week and Erdinc seems to bed his perenial last 10 minute replacement, How long will he put up with that.

Despite his comments in the press this week, Maiga cant be happy staying with a team that gets hammered most week despite scoring last night.

The lad from Brest wasnt even in the squad. Must be injured.

Cissoko losing at Lyon.

How is that M;Bengue going at Toulouse?

Suspended.

Guest Dontooner

Roux is a quality player...imo one of the best at linking up players...but not one for us. He still needs to prove that he can stay fit and up his goal ratio. Good player for the likes of arsenal or liverpool though.